    I just noticed that ALL my posts to this newsgroup are been cancelled
    why is this happening and who has the power to do this?

    Sandra

    Sandra28, Oct 31, 2006

  2. Sandra28

    Gordon Guest

    No they haven't. If you used a PROPER news reader instead of Googlegroups
    you would see them.

    Gordon, Oct 31, 2006

  3. Sandra28

    Sandra28 Guest

    ****************
    Hi there you are effectively saying that Googlegroups is Buggy? this
    is so strange
    Newsgroup reader what do recommend outlook express?

    Sandra

    Sandra28, Oct 31, 2006
  4. Sandra28

    Nancy Guest

    Hi
    It's probably because it's google that you use, and though excellent
    as an archive and search engine, google can be a bit too clumsy
    as a web interface to usenet. Your posts will balance out on google
    eventually. What exactly do you think has been cancelled?
    A quick browse of threads and found your question on routers etc.

    Nancy, Oct 31, 2006
  5. Sandra28

    Mike Easter Guest

    I can see all of your recent posts to this newsgroup with google's
    interface or my nntp newsreader's.

    Besides this thread, the most recent thread you started was...

    Subject: www.findnot.com Anonymous Surfing Astronomical Charges
    Date: 30 Oct 2006 11:38:40 -0800

    ....which has 5 replies right now.

    The one you started here before that was...

    Subject: Any Websites similar or better than this?
    Date: 23 Oct 2006 11:12:06 -0700

    .... which has about a dozen, including one of your own.

    You also have a recent reply in this thread:

    Subject: Re: Kazaa
    Date: 31 Oct 2006 02:09:30 -0800

    I think that your connectivity provider does not provide an nntp
    newsserver as part of the package with connectivity and email, so if you
    wanted to use an nntp newsserver and an nntp newsreader such as Outlook
    Express for your news instead of google, you would need to find a
    newsserver. There are free or public newsservers, there are newsservers
    for very cheap non-expiring blocks, and there are commercial NSPs for
    those who have heavier newsserver demands.

    Mike Easter, Oct 31, 2006
  6. Sandra28

    samuel Guest

    OE I recommend for nothing <eg>

    test them all I like xnews

    http://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html

    samuel, Oct 31, 2006
  7. Sandra28

    Meat Plow Guest

    Got the cancel message ID?

    Meat Plow, Oct 31, 2006
  8. Sandra28

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Sandra28 Wrote The Following:
    I would like to recommend Mozilla Thunderbird
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/
    It is a good email/News client, and very user friendly.
    Good Luck

    Old Gringo, Oct 31, 2006

  9. "Buggy?" Hmmm. How about "editorially selective" or "interestingly
    focused?"

    Outlook Express is good, if you stick to text groups and stay ~300 to
    ~500 headers, or so.

    Xnews is free, if you like the binaries. Little bit of a learning
    curve, but these groups have a wealth of help for you with that.
    Besides, if you can navigate GoogleGropes, you can likely handle any
    news reader out there.

    Best regards.

    --
    One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was
    going to take my little nieces and nephews to Disneyland,

    "Oh, no," I exclaimed, "Disneyland has burned down."

    They cried and cried... but I think that deep, deep down,
    they maybe thought it was a pretty good joke.

    I started to drive them over to the real Disneyland, but it was
    getting pretty late and I didn't want to miss the Oprah show.

    I pride myself on being "the sensitive type."

    Bucky Breeder, Oct 31, 2006
  10. Sandra28

    Whiskers Guest

    This one seems to be OK; see
    <http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/browse_thread/thread
    /1672a84a6444344c/049df80b282f5d74?hl=en#049df80b282f5d74> or
    <http://makeashorterlink.com/?P22A1231E>.

    If you mean that you can't find your recent posts by searching for your
    email address, then
    <http://groups-beta.google.com/group/news.software.readers/browse_thread/th
    read/e562ac46ed2e4f8c/2e3c5de2dbba59bd?hl=en#> or
    <http://makeashorterlink.com/?D14A2131E> may be of interest.

    Whiskers, Oct 31, 2006
  11. Sandra28

    Whiskers Guest

    Noted for it.
    Even that is probably better than using Google Groups.

    See <http://www.newsreaders.com/> for more possibilites.

    Newcomers to newsgroups should start here

    <http://computer.howstuffworks.com/newsgroup.htm>

    and here

    <http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/>, the Official Home Page of the
    newsgroup called news.newusers.questions.

    Whiskers, Oct 31, 2006
  12. You haven't been paying your Usenet dues. Send me $200 immediately.

    Tattoo Vampire, Oct 31, 2006
  13. Sandra28

    Sandra28 Guest

    Hi Mike,

    I still cannot find posts I placed on this newgroup earlier like

    Date: 30 Oct 2006 11:38:40 -0800

    You said I got 5 replys could someone post them so I can see them if
    its not to much trouble.

    Regards

    Sandra

    Sandra28, Oct 31, 2006
  14. Sandra28

    beenthere Guest

    Hi Sandra. Go to www.google.co.uk, and type in Sandra28.
    You`ll be surprised at what you`ll find <g>.

    beenthere, Oct 31, 2006
  15. Sandra28

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter, Oct 31, 2006

  16. A Google search for Sandra28 brings this up:

    http://tinyurl.com/ycax4l

    I could see where someone might be stalking you...
    The only way I can protect you is if you come over
    to my house *right now*. ~(o;{

    Bucky Breeder, Oct 31, 2006
  17. Sandra28

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, Oct 31, 2006
  18. Sandra28

    Meat Plow Guest

    Meat Plow, Oct 31, 2006
  19. Sandra28

    Whiskers Guest

    snip

    Where are you looking? I can see it in the Google Groups interface:
    <http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/browse_thread/thread
    /440b251386e9f512/3b794d22851f1638?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=en#3b794d22851f1638>
    or <http://shorterlink.com/?JZGDP4>

    Whiskers, Oct 31, 2006
  20. All of her post are belong to Google.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 1, 2006