All items disappear in Preferences and the window itself appears only once

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Mandrake, Apr 25, 2004.

  1. Mandrake

    Mandrake Guest

    Running WinXP Pro French, Mozilla 1.7b

    As told in the subject of this post, when I get to Edit/Preferences,
    the preferences window appears with all the left side items blank
    although the right side.

    Next time I call preferences, the window doesn't even appear.

    It happened also on Mozilla 1.6, as far as I remember.

    Can anyone help?

    Thxs

    Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

    Mandrake, Apr 25, 2004

  2. Re: All items disappear in Preferences and the window itself appearsonly once

    Mandrake writes:

    > Running WinXP Pro French, Mozilla 1.7b
    >
    > As told in the subject of this post, when I get to Edit/Preferences, the
    > preferences window appears with all the left side items blank although
    > the right side.
    >
    > Next time I call preferences, the window doesn't even appear.
    >
    > It happened also on Mozilla 1.6, as far as I remember.

    That happened to me recently when the installation of an extension in
    Mozilla 1.6 went awry or something. I ran the Mozilla installer again,
    skipping the "delete third-party plugins" step and everything returned
    to normal. It's worth a try.

    --
    Good judgment comes from experience.
    Experience comes from bad judgment.

    Caffeine Junkie, Apr 25, 2004

  3. Mandrake

    Mandrake Guest

    Caffeine Junkie a exprimé avec précision :
    > Mandrake writes:
    >
    >> Running WinXP Pro French, Mozilla 1.7b
    >>
    >> As told in the subject of this post, when I get to Edit/Preferences, the
    >> preferences window appears with all the left side items blank although the
    >> right side.
    >>
    >> Next time I call preferences, the window doesn't even appear.
    >>
    >> It happened also on Mozilla 1.6, as far as I remember.

    > That happened to me recently when the installation of an extension in Mozilla
    > 1.6 went awry or something. I ran the Mozilla installer again, skipping the
    > "delete third-party plugins" step and everything returned to normal. It's
    > worth a try.

    Thank you for such a prompt reply.

    I'll make the test right now

    Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

    Mandrake, Apr 26, 2004
  4. Mandrake

    Mandrake Guest

    Caffeine Junkie avait écrit le 26/04/2004 :
    > Mandrake writes:
    >
    >> Running WinXP Pro French, Mozilla 1.7b
    >>
    >> As told in the subject of this post, when I get to Edit/Preferences, the
    >> preferences window appears with all the left side items blank although the
    >> right side.
    >>
    >> Next time I call preferences, the window doesn't even appear.
    >>
    >> It happened also on Mozilla 1.6, as far as I remember.

    > That happened to me recently when the installation of an extension in Mozilla
    > 1.6 went awry or something. I ran the Mozilla installer again, skipping the
    > "delete third-party plugins" step and everything returned to normal. It's
    > worth a try.

    Didn't work... same symptoms

    Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

    Mandrake, Apr 26, 2004
  5. Re: All items disappear in Preferences and the window itself appearsonly once

    Mandrake wrote:

    > Caffeine Junkie avait écrit le 26/04/2004 :
    >
    >> Mandrake writes:
    >>
    >>> Running WinXP Pro French, Mozilla 1.7b
    >>>
    >>> As told in the subject of this post, when I get to Edit/Preferences,
    >>> the preferences window appears with all the left side items blank
    >>> although the right side.
    >>>
    >>> Next time I call preferences, the window doesn't even appear.
    >>>
    >>> It happened also on Mozilla 1.6, as far as I remember.

    >> That happened to me recently when the installation of an extension in
    >> Mozilla 1.6 went awry or something. I ran the Mozilla installer again,
    >> skipping the "delete third-party plugins" step and everything returned
    >> to normal. It's worth a try.

    > Didn't work... same symptoms

    Create a new profile ans test to see if you have the same problem.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org

    Leonidas Jones, Apr 28, 2004
  6. Mandrake

    Mandrake Guest

    Leonidas Jones avait énoncé :
    > Mandrake wrote:
    >

    > Create a new profile ans test to see if you have the same problem.
    >
    > Lee

    Just reinstalled 1.6 and got rid of the problem. I just kept the
    bookmarks.

    Thxs anyway

    Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com

    Mandrake, Apr 29, 2004