    wondering what I can do with it.

    Best drivers, firmware, utilities , anything.... ?

    thanks

    jeff, Sep 17, 2005

  2. jeff

    Demmpa Guest

    www.ati.com - "customer care"

    Demmpa, Sep 17, 2005

  3. jeff

    Rita Guest

    http://www.techpowerup.com/softmod/

    Rita, Sep 17, 2005
  4. Not had a 9800 AIW, but the two I bought the last time around suck.
    Doesn't matter how much you update the drivers, make mods, etc. I won't
    be buying anymore AIW crap. Don't mean to rain on your parade, but the
    TV output sucks so bad that it's unusable. The switching between
    monitors is so "iffy" and confusing I refuse to try to deal with it anymore.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 18, 2005
  5. jeff

    felixcct Guest

    The AIW 9800 Pro comes with a pretty good software bundle if you got
    the retail version. If not, you can download the latest versions of the
    drivers, Control Center, and Multimedia Center software from ATI. Other
    than that, it works just fine with other software that uses Windows
    video and graphics functions. I've used all the video and TV input and
    output features, and I think that they all work pretty well. I don't
    know what sort of problems some of these other people posting here
    have. But I'd agree that ATI's Multimedia Center software has a lot of
    bugs, and it's not as easy to use as it should be. ATI has a lot of
    support on their web site, and frequent software updates available to
    download. But the support site isn't well organized, and it can be
    difficult to find the answers to critical questions, particularly for a
    piece of hardware as complicated as the AIW. And the updates are more
    difficult to install than they should be.

    felixcct, Sep 23, 2005