    the picture taken with the 50 mm lens will have more detail.
    If you put that same stronger zoom on the SD9, guess what? It'll resolve
    The sensor will still have its same resolution reguardles of the lens.

    Gherry Bender, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Your only acceptable "comeback" is to post a Bayer image, you refuse.

    George Preddy, Feb 4, 2004

  3. You have not answered the question; WHAT ARE YOU COMPARING??

    Since the lens is the same it is meaningless to compare it to its self
    because it will always be identical to its self within the limits of
    measurement (1).

    Since the sensor is the same it is meaningless to compare it to its self
    because it will always be identical to its self within the limits of
    measurement (1)(2).

    Therefore for a comparison to be informative you must be varying
    something other than the lens and the sensor; once again, WHAT IS IT?

    1. I have assumed you are not measuring temperature effects.

    2. I am assuming that you are not measuring effects resulting from
    changing the aperture.

    Ian Robert Walker, Feb 4, 2004
  5. Resolving power, said it how many times?

    George Preddy, Feb 4, 2004
  6. Charles Schuler

    eawckyegcy Guest

    You are flogging a (brain) dead horse...

    eawckyegcy, Feb 4, 2004
  7. That is meaningless; a lens will always have the same resolving power as
    its self, so you are proving nothing at all by comparing a lens to
    itself. The only information obtainable by comparing a lens to its self
    is to identify the magnitude of the random uncertainty in the
    measurement; this tells you nothing about the lens, only about the lens
    and the measurement system.

    Just what do you think comparing a lens to its self achieves?

    Ian Robert Walker, Feb 5, 2004
  8. And how often do I have to repeat, you are wrong, clueless!!!!!
    You are comparing imaging with and without an anti-aliasing filter, and
    different Field of View.

    Bart

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Feb 5, 2004
  9. Well, it's still talking back and spreading disinformation, so the flogging
    goes on...

    Bart.

    Bart van der Wolf, Feb 5, 2004
  10. I know, you've already said the only way to failrly compare resolutions is
    to put a gigantic zoom lens on only the 1Ds. Silly, obviously. Then you
    paid $8000 for a full frame and got nothing. The camera becomes a total
    loss, same FOV is the SD9 but only 2.7 full color MPs vs. 3.4.

    Why would anyone pay $8000 for 2.7MPs with no FOV advantage?

    A: Ignorance.

    George Preddy, Feb 5, 2004
  11. As long as you continue to ask for my assistance, I'll happily explain why
    10.3MP is better than 6MP with 25% discarded for cheap scalability.

    George Preddy, Feb 5, 2004
  12. Charles Schuler

    YoYo Guest

    Pro's do it because of the quality of the lens!! Sigma lens are cheap
    alternatives. <-- sorry just fact

    YoYo, Feb 5, 2004
  13. I never said that. Prove where I said that, liar.

    SNIP of more clueless drivel

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Feb 5, 2004
  14. I don't expect any sensible response from a (brain) dead horse. Given your
    non-sensical answers that seems to imply you.

    Bart

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Feb 5, 2004
  15. Charles Schuler

    Azzz1588 Guest

    Well who up and died and left you in charge of what is acceptable ??
    Captian Dipto ???????

    Azzz1588, Feb 5, 2004
  16. Charles Schuler

    Azzz1588 Guest

    I have to tell ya all, this is such great entertainment to wake up
    to in the morning !!!!!!!!!

    Watching geroge lie his ass off, and his presistant lone cry in the
    wilderness approach is pricless.

    Azzz1588, Feb 5, 2004
  17. You can concede if you wish.

    George Preddy, Feb 5, 2004
  18. If you are using the same film in a film body, you're right. Digital uses
    this new thing called sensors.

    George Preddy, Feb 5, 2004
  19. Liar, liar, liar.

    Fine, agree with me, the same lens must be used to compare resolving power.
    Obviously.

    Glad you are finally on board.

    George Preddy, Feb 5, 2004
  20. Inexpensive, yes, better than Canon L? As often as not.

    Unless, of course, you get a dark area in the bottom of your images when
    using Sigma lenses due to a flawed Canon built-in flash. Sorry, that is too
    funny. But is is actually more inteligent than not understanding that the
    dominant pro lens line in the world today is not made by Canon.

    George Preddy, Feb 5, 2004