    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Get an external hard drive enclosure, shove in a laptop hard drive, mod a music player on and away ya go :D

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 13, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    or.... this is a Tricky one... get tons of Flash chips and mount them inside a Box (about the Size of a HDD :D) and connect them to your USB/ mp3 flash drive :D

    unholy, Sep 13, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    or you could buy an iRiver, iPod or MP3 cd player :p prolly a lot easier.

    XhArD, Sep 13, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Or, put 40 400gb SATA drives in a Raid 0 array and stick 'em in a tower case with wheels, put a leash on it and pull it around behind you. Slap a small LCD screen on it and use Winamp and a roller thumb mouse and you've got the largest portible MP3 player ever. :)

    The Modfather, Sep 14, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    isnt the aim to make it SMALLER if its portable? :p And thatd take more effort than carryin an iRiver too.

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    ...and you get labelled smacktard of the year ;)
    I can't wait till some mofo actually makes one lol :p

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 14, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well if you want it to be smaller, there's always that "take a sledgehammer to it" option, but then it might not sound as good.
    Only 1 L in labeled Mr. Rath. :)
    <duck>

    The Modfather, Sep 14, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    this gonna turn into a spelling and grammar topic now?

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    No dont use a slege hammer... get a compacter... and make it smaller... make sure u dis connect the LCD first so u can still hav e the same size LCD :D

    unholy, Sep 15, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    mash it down to mp3 player size :p with a 7 inch lcd display on it :)

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Yeh, I'm sure it would still work......

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 15, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hmmm... Wait...
    What about an MP3 Watch with a 50" plasma display? :)

    The Modfather, Sep 15, 2005
  13. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    ill draw up plans right away! lets see, with that kind of weight, the watch should be stronger than just velcro or a watch band, maybe an iron clasp. And a carry bag with wheels to drag it around. I really don't know why mp3 players and all that are getting even smaller now, if youve got something the size of an iPod with the same capacity, whybother making it smaller? its already portable enough.

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  14. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Make the band out of titanium, I've got a watch that's titanium, real lightweight and sturdy as heck. :) Or hell, just make the screen a VR headset, then it'd like having a big screen but fit on your face. Like those new Oakley MP3 sunglasses (overpriced pieces of junk if ya ask me).
    I agree with you about all this overminiaturization (sp???) Why do things have to be so much smaller, pack MORE into the already usable sized objects. Like by making the HD's smaller throw in a 400gb drive into an iPod sized device, slap in a full color display, let it play movies or something, improve what exists and stop trying to make a home theater that fits on the head of a pin. :)

    The Modfather, Sep 15, 2005
  15. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    that would be one sick-ass home theater system, assuming it was inflatable :p Im all for the new technology and all that crap, but using the new technology to make stuff smaller is just pointless.

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  16. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    small = costs more = becomes shitter = becomes not for everyday consumers... theses idea people really dont have a large capacity to think ahead... :|
    what about capsule corp :D

    unholy, Sep 16, 2005
  17. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Capsule Corp was cool because you chuck it down and it grows to full size, so it didn't matter how small it was in the first place. GO CAPSULE CORP!

    XhArD, Sep 16, 2005
  18. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    WTF is capsule corp? Chuck it down and it grows??? Sounds like science fiction, you serious?
    I just want a replicator, like in Star Trek... That'd be so cool.

    The Modfather, Sep 16, 2005
  19. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Nah, not serious. One of the few things I can remember about Dragon BallZ :p They could put anything into a capsule the size of a tablet, and when you open it, the thing inside it jumps out and grows :)

    XhArD, Sep 16, 2005
  20. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined: