Alert: 512MB CF Card only $19.99 After Rebate! Quantities Limited!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by schuetzen - RKBA!, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. Hell, here is a better deal!
    --
    chas
    The new Canon DSLR elist. no trolls, etc

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:48:01 -0400 (EDT), "Buy.com"

    Kingston Technology 512MB CompactFlash Card
    Free Shipping!
    $15.00 Mail-in Rebate!
    $19.99 After Rebate!
    Buy.com price: $34.99
    Hurry! Quantities Limited!
    http://enews.buy.com/cgi-bin5/DM/y/mbO10GfP450EyO0Bfo70HL

    Kingston Technology 1GB CompactFlash Card
    SAVE $10.01
    FREE SHIPPING!
    Buy.com price: $64.99
    List price: $75.00

    Get this hot item now and start enjoying your pics in a
    “flash.” Kingston offers a standard line of CompactFlash
    memory using Multi Level Cell (MLC) technology. For everyday
    use of digital cameras, PDA's, and MP3 players, Kingston's
    standard CompactFlash card is the perfect solution!

    Fore more info about this product, click here:
    http://enews.buy.com/cgi-bin5/DM/y/mbO10GfP450EyO0BiUC0HA

    schuetzen - RKBA!, Oct 27, 2004

  2. schuetzen - RKBA!

    grenner Guest

    The last time I tried to get an inexpensive CF card from Buy they did not
    have any and would not have any for a long time.
    Good luck

    grenner, Oct 27, 2004

  3. schuetzen - RKBA!

    BobS Guest

    Be sure you're prepared to do battle with Buy.com and Kingston on these
    rebates.

    Last rebate offer was on the 1Gb card ($25) and the limit was 2. I
    purchased 2, (the rebate form states 2 rebates allowed), sent in the forms
    as per the rules and now they say only 1 allowed. The rebate house (
    www.rebatstatus.com ) say's "their form" only allows 1 rebate. Faxed them
    the rebate form which was downloaded from Buy.com over a week ago and they
    still are not allowing the 2nd rebate. Emailed Kingston and no word from
    them. Contacting Buy.com is useless - no replies.

    This is the second issue I'm having with Buy.com. The first is a refund of
    nearly $300 and boy are they dragging their feet. Looks like legal action
    time.

    So while that may sound like a good deal - getting it may be another matter
    and I wouldn't deal with Buy.com again if the CEO himself was taking the
    order.

    Bob S.

    BobS, Oct 27, 2004
  4. schuetzen - RKBA!

    S. Guest

    I won't buy a product with rebates again. No control on the rebate,
    indifferent manufacturers etc.

    S.

    S., Oct 27, 2004
  5. schuetzen - RKBA!

    Bill Crocker Guest

    Maybe they need to do battle with the Attorney General's Office!

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Oct 28, 2004
  6. I bought two 512MB CF cards from buy.com when the after rebate price
    was $22.99 a few days back. But I bought them on two different cards
    shipped to the same address. Have yet to send in the rebate forms.

    Siddhartha Jain, Oct 28, 2004