    anybody know if it would work with this Aldi extender?

    Regards and thanks in advance,

    Syke

    Syke, Mar 24, 2014

  3. David

    Chris Davies Guest

    I don't know the answer to your question. However, in my experience Aldi
    is very good about accepting returns. (It may be worth looking for the
    manager to ask if it's possible to buy'n'try with a return if it doesn't
    work. I tend to do this for "specials".)

    Also, AFAIK it'll end up halving the throughput of your wireless network
    as it receives and rebroadcasts traffic.

    Chris

    Chris Davies, Mar 25, 2014
  4. David

    Jim Guest

    Jim, Mar 25, 2014
  5. David

    Jim Guest

    Almost certainly. Mine works with both my main
    TP-Link modem and the standby Belkin.

    It has an ethernet port through which you can set
    it up by connecting it to your DG834 via a computer.

    Only thing to be aware of is that, if connected
    devices can receive both the modem channel and the
    extender channel, they can become confused and won't
    connect. A restart usually solves this.

    --
    :: Jim,

    NHS Health Database Sale Opt-out form:

    http://www.thebigoptout.com/opt-out-letter/

    Jim, Mar 25, 2014
  6. David

    Ian Jackson Guest

    Aren't they both the same channel? I thought that the extender was a
    'parrot', ie it received on one channel, stored the data it received,
    then re-transmitted the received data on the same channel. However, I
    can see that if the connected device was receiving both the direct and
    the re-transmitted data, it could get confused.

    Ian Jackson, Mar 26, 2014
  7. Peter Crosland, Mar 26, 2014
  8. David

    Jim Guest