    Can't figure out connected hosts can't get dhcp address through an
    aironet 1200. I've tried the ip helper and ip dhcp-server commands to no
    avail.

    Bill F, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Bill F

    Jeff C Guest

    So if you configure a static IP on these hosts they work OK? There
    is nothing that I can think of on the AP, unless you configured it
    for it, that would block bootp packets. If the static IP test works
    ok double check that you have a scope set up correctly, and that you
    are permitting bootps though any access-lists. Do you have a sniffer
    handy?

    -Jeff

    Jeff C, Dec 17, 2004

  3. Hello, Jeff!
    You wrote on Fri, 17 Dec 2004 05:04:23 GMT:

    ??>> Can't figure out connected hosts can't get dhcp address through
    ??>> an aironet 1200. I've tried the ip helper and ip dhcp-server
    ??>> commands to no avail.
    ??>>
    JC> So if you configure a static IP on these hosts they work OK?
    JC> There is nothing that I can think of on the AP, unless you
    JC> configured it for it, that would block bootp packets. If the
    JC> static IP test works ok double check that you have a scope set up
    JC> correctly, and that you are permitting bootps though any
    JC> access-lists. Do you have a sniffer handy?

    If this access point is running VxWorks there is a bug in specific versions -
    Aironet a/b/g card can't get DHCP address when connected to such AP.

    With best regards,
    Andrey.

    Andrey Tarasov, Dec 17, 2004