    Can you us an aironet 1200 in repeater mode as bridge out the ethernet
    port?? I use PKI EAP-TLS,.. I would need the aironet to auth to the
    EAP-TLS servers,.. but is it possible???

    ursenj, Oct 8, 2004

  2. On 7 Oct 2004 16:25:48 -0700, (ursenj) wrote:

    ~ Can you us an aironet 1200 in repeater mode as bridge out the ethernet
    ~ port?? I use PKI EAP-TLS,.. I would need the aironet to auth to the
    ~ EAP-TLS servers,.. but is it possible???

    No, this is not supported.

    You are looking for a functionality we call "Workgroup Bridge" or WGB
    - the ability of a device to be associated as a wireless client of an
    Access Point, and thereby to provide network access to clients on its
    local LAN. This is supported now on our WGB352 and the 1310, and soon
    on the 1100 ... but no plans (any time soon) for the 1200. And in any
    case, our WGBs can't authenticate via EAP-TLS - LEAP is the only
    supported EAP authentication method.

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, Oct 8, 2004