    Thanks in advance.

    So long,
    Andre

    Andre Paetzold, Dec 8, 2004

  2. On 8 Dec 2004 12:31:35 +0200, Andre Paetzold <> wrote:

    ~ Hello,
    ~
    ~ i've got an Aironet 1200 Accesspoint and I want
    ~ to expand our network to an unreachable (by network)
    ~ area on our campus.
    ~
    ~ I want to use an Aironet 1300 Accesspoint/Bridge
    ~ in bridging mode.
    ~
    ~ Is this possible, or must I also replace the 1200
    ~ with a 1300?
    ~
    ~ Thanks in advance.
    ~
    ~ So long,
    ~ Andre

    The AP1200 can only play the role of an access point,
    not a bridge. However, you can configure your 1300
    as a workgroup bridge and have it associate with the
    AP1200 to extend your network wirelessly to the remote area.

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo1300/brscg/o13spl.htm#wp1043295

    That doesn't really give you too much background information
    - try this one which is written for the AP1100 running
    12.3(2)JA but which should be generally applicable to a
    1300 in WGB mode:

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td...accsspts/i1232ja/i1232sc/s32hot.htm#wp1040354

    Cheers,

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, Dec 8, 2004

  3. In article <>, Aaron Leonard wrote:

    > The AP1200 can only play the role of an access point,
    > not a bridge. However, you can configure your 1300
    > as a workgroup bridge and have it associate with the
    > AP1200 to extend your network wirelessly to the remote area.
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo1300/brscg/o13spl.htm#wp1043295
    >
    > That doesn't really give you too much background information
    > - try this one which is written for the AP1100 running
    > 12.3(2)JA but which should be generally applicable to a
    > 1300 in WGB mode:
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td...accsspts/i1232ja/i1232sc/s32hot.htm#wp1040354
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Aaron

    Ok, then i will go for an AP1300, cause the AP1100 doesn't support
    external Antennas.

    Thanks a lot.

    So long,
    Andre
    --
    Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft mbH & Co. KG
    IT Department

    Andre Paetzold, Dec 9, 2004