    has anyone got a list of films i can buy on dvd similar to this as i really
    enjoy them, no plane crash films though, just as they say near misses.

    cheers dave

    Dragon, Jan 15, 2005

  2. Dragon

    Nath Guest

    Flight of the Phoenix
    Alive

    Nath, Jan 15, 2005

  3. Dragon

    mo Guest

    Turbulence
    Passenger 57
    Executive Decision
    Air Force One

    all are about terrorists on planes, now i wonder where the sept 11th people
    got their idea from.....

    mo, Jan 15, 2005
  4. Dragon

    Max Guest

    Terrorists have been planning hijacks of planes well before any of those
    films. I read the other day that terrorists had been foiled from hijacking
    a plane and flying into the Eiffel Tower in the early 90s so Sept 11th
    really wasn't an ingenious idea it just happens to be the point when it
    worked.

    Max, Jan 15, 2005
  5. mo wrote:
    .... now i wonder where the sept 11th people
    Kamakazi.

    Matthew

    Matthew L. Martin, Jan 15, 2005
  6. Dragon

    Colin Wilson Guest

    Airplane I & II
    Die Hard 2 (or is it 3 ?!?)

    Colin Wilson, Jan 15, 2005
  7. Dragon

    Mike Guest

    Anyone know the name of this film - similar thing to above,

    WW2 i think, plane gets shot at, landing gear goes then some wierd cartoon
    thing happens to the plane to allow it to land?

    Mike, Jan 16, 2005
  8. Dragon

    Ed Kim Guest

    not a film: an AMAZING STORIES episode about a trapped bellygunner . i
    loved it all the way until the end; that cartoon landing gear was the
    suck.

    -goro-

    Ed Kim, Jan 16, 2005
  9. Dragon

    AceoHearts Guest

    Turbulence 1-3
    Die Hard 2
    Airplane 1-2
    Cliffhanger
    Flight of the Phoenix
    Con Air
    Memphis Belle
    Pearl Harbor
    Executive Decision
    Broken Arrow
    Air Force One
    US Marshals

    AceoHearts, Jan 16, 2005
  10. How about "Horror at 37,000 Feet" ...that one has somehow stuck in my
    head for over 20 years. ... I don't remember most of it, but I seem to
    recall something about William Shatner having to perform an exorcist
    before Chuck Conners could get the plane down ...or something.

    Classic stuff. God-awful even all those years ago, but somehow worthy.

    -Kevin.

    Gunther Gloop, Jan 16, 2005
  11. Dragon

    Andrew Venor Guest

    That was an episode of the Twilight Zone. And Chuck Conners wasn't in it.

    ALV

    Andrew Venor, Jan 16, 2005
  12. Dragon

    Spack Guest

    No, that was about a gremlin on the plane ripping the engine apart called
    "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" in the TZ 12th season.

    Gunther was talking about this film:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068715

    And I remember watching this movie a few times when I was young.

    Dan

    Spack, Jan 16, 2005
  13. No it wasn't and yes he was.

    -Kevin.

    Gunther Gloop, Jan 16, 2005
  14. Dragon

    JAM Guest

    The Airport Terminal Pack. It includes all four Airport films. That would
    be: Airport, Airport 1975, Airport 77, The Concord: Airport 79.

    The first one of the series just called Airport was nominated for 10 Academy
    awards.

    JAM, Jan 16, 2005
  15. Dragon

    B. Jansen Guest

    Always

    B. Jansen, Jan 16, 2005
  16. Wasn't that the last part of the Twilight Zone movie with John Lithgow
    in the plane trying to fire his gun out the window at some kind of
    gremlin whilst at cruising altitude. that scared the shit out of me when
    I was a kid. Then Dan Akroyd as the ambulance driver asks him, "Do you
    wanna see something really scary?"
    Cheers,
    Neil

    Neil Hamilton, Jan 16, 2005
  17. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Ok guys getting some nice airplane disaster movies but I am looking more for
    the near miss movies if you understand what I mean, not crash ones like
    turbulence, which is not a crash movie more a thriller and we have to get
    this plane down on the ground movie

    Dave

    Dragon, Jan 16, 2005
  18. That was one part of the Twilight Zone movie, but what part of that
    corresponds to the movie I was talking about?

    (Incidentally, the Lithgow 'plot' was a remake of the black & white
    original TZ episode starring -William Shatner. ...but, again, no
    relation to the above)

    -Kevin.

    Gunther Gloop, Jan 16, 2005
  19. Dragon

    Jay Stewart Guest

    Final Descent (1997)
    No Highway in the Sky (1951)
    High and the Mighty, The (1954)

    Jay Stewart, Jan 16, 2005
  20. Dragon

    xeaglecrest Guest

    Here is another one that fits your critera, and its a true story!

    Falling from the Sky: Flight 174 (1995) aka Freefall: Flight 174

    Plot: A brand-new Boeing 767, belonging to Canada World Airways, leaves
    Montreal bound for Edmonton. When the plane reached its cruise altitude,
    the impossible happened: the plane is actually missing fuel. Captain Bob
    Pearson and First Officer Maurice Quintal face the catastrophe in this
    true story, as the 767, with about 60 souls on board, slowly falls from
    the sky...

    According to IMDB.COM, it is available in the UK on VHS. I recorded it
    off TV last year and have it on NTSC DVD-R.

    Bill

    xeaglecrest, Jan 16, 2005