    Maybe I bought the wrong part?

    Many thanks for any pointers...

    Peter.

    Peter, Feb 17, 2005

  2. Peter

    Merv Guest

    You have definitely got the wrong part if you are trying to put that
    card in you PC.

    That part is a radio module that goes inside a Cisco 1200 access point.

    The newer Cisco Aironet PC adapter part numbers for North America are:

    CB20A 802.11a Card bus adapter AIR-CB20A-A-K9

    CB21AG 802.11a/b/g Card bus adapter AIR-CB21AG-A-K9

    PI21AG 802.11a/b/g PCI adapter AIR-PI21AG-A-K9

    If you were looking for a PCI card for your PC, then a PI21AG is
    probably what you want.

    You find the Windows driver software for these adapters at:

    http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/sw-wireless2.shtml

    Merv, Feb 17, 2005

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Thanks Merv - I too have realised that this card is good for an access
    point only.

    I have the PCMCIA versions of these which work great; I need some
    mini-PCI ones.

    I've since found some mini-PCI Cisco 350 adaptors on Ebay

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74954&item=6744143411&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V

    and these appear to use exactly the same software as the PCMCIA ones.
    The project these are for is:

    http://www.peter2000.co.uk/ix104/index.html

    Peter.

    Peter, Feb 20, 2005