    I've managed to limit the intrusiveness of the app, but it still pops
    up when I launch OE. Neither in OE or AIM is there an obvious pref to
    keep it buried unless specifically called upon, is there?

    O.Phooey, Jun 19, 2004

  2. O.Phooey

    °Mike° Guest

    Copy/paste the following into notepad and
    save as a .reg file. Double click on the .reg
    file to merge into your registry, then reboot.
    Note that everything between [ and ] MUST
    be one line only, and there must be a blank
    line at the end of the file.

    ***** <-- Omit this line
    REGEDIT4
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client]
    "PreventAutoRun"=dword:00000001
    "PreventRun"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client]
    "PreventAutoRun"=dword:00000001
    "PreventRun"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express]
    "Hide Messenger"=dword:00000002

    ***** <-- Omit this line

    °Mike°, Jun 19, 2004

  3. O.Phooey

    O.Phooey Guest

    Thanks, everything between lil superscript'o' and another lil superscript 'o'

    O.Phooey, Jun 20, 2004
  4. O.Phooey

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.