    have also had the same problem. When searching by e-mail address, AIM
    hangs for thirty seconds then says "too many matches."

    Anyone have any info on this or when it may be corrected?

    bwakser, Jun 19, 2006

  2. bwakser

    Dan Evans Guest

    AOL probably - have you tried asking them?

    DAn

    Dan Evans, Jun 19, 2006

  3. bwakser

    geothermal Guest

    Well, AIM is not that great. It might be time to email your
    buddies and have them all move over to Trillian or Yahoo IM or
    try a few other ones out to see which one you all like.

    or here is the buddy FAQ with their list of excuses.

    AIM Buddy Info FAQ's

    Q: Why aren't my buddies showing up?
    A: There are several reasons why your buddies may not be showing up:

    1. You may have buddies online, but none of them has an away
    message or profile.
    2. You may not have any buddies currently online.
    3. What view are you using? If you have selected only away
    messages and no one has an away message, or only profiles and no one
    has a profile, then no one will show up. If you have set your sort so
    that only one buddy group is displayed on the Buddy Info page, then
    maybe you do not have buddies signed on for that one group.
    4. If you have multiple accounts linked to one screen name,
    sometimes buddies for that screen name may not sort properly.
    5. You may not have any buddies currently signed on to the AIM
    service.
    6. Give the page a few seconds to load. If you have a lot of
    buddies currently online, the page may take a little bit longer than
    average.
    7. Our system may be experiencing temporary problems.

    http://buddyinfo.aim.com/away/faq.jsp

    geothermal

    geothermal, Jun 19, 2006
  4. bwakser