    directive to tell it to load the gs3-k-mz.110-22a.bin file. When I
    restarted the router, though, it still came up with IOS 10. What am I doing
    wrong?

    Skylar Thompson, Dec 27, 2004

  2. As far as I can recall the newest 11.0.xx release only works with
    special controller boards and enough memory, check that, should be in
    the release notes.

    hth,
    Gernot

    Gernot W. Schmied, Dec 27, 2004

  3. First thing, does your AGS+ have flash in it? Or is it EPROM? The
    Flash expansion card gets installed sitting ontop of the card cage,
    take off the front and see if you can see something sitting up there
    on the screw posts.

    Other than that, you do have to the latest controller installed,
    and lots of other little restrictions here and there, but since an
    AGS+ with Flash being sold online isn't the most common, I'd start
    looking there to see if you even have the option installed.

    Doug McIntyre, Dec 28, 2004
  4. You actually need to change the physical jumpers on the configuration
    register (on the CSC/3 or CSC/4 processor card).

    The rightmost jumper is likely set (boot from ROM). You need to move it one
    to the left to tell it to boot from the net, which invokes the logic to look
    for the flash card.

    This is the genesis of the obscure "config-register" command that persists
    even in the modernest of IOS. There actually was a jumper bank on the
    oldest routers.

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/cisagspl/agshim/69677.htm

    Notably

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/cisagspl/agshim/69677.htm#xtocid49217

    And the current config register definitions

    http://www.cisco.com/public/scc/compass/common/activities/Tool-confreg.htm

    Phillip Remaker, Dec 30, 2004
  5. It looks like this is the ticket. I'll get someone over there to move the
    jumper. Thanks!

    Skylar Thompson, Dec 31, 2004