    Luke

    P.S. You cretins who derive pleasure from nasty remarks. don't post here;
    stick them.

    TheStoneCrusher, Nov 17, 2007

  2. TheStoneCrusher

    Pennywise Guest

    Look in your default groups settings, the default directory is set
    there. you can change the directory for each group separately.

    If the message icon is green the file was downloaded and joined.

    So many options in Agent, you just need to go thru each one.

    Pennywise, Nov 18, 2007

  3. TheStoneCrusher

    Evan Platt Guest

    Doesn't Agent show "Saved: <C:\pathname\filename.ext> in the body of
    messages that have attachments? Does in myne..

    Evan Platt, Nov 18, 2007
  4. TheStoneCrusher

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 18:48:49 -0500, TheStoneCrusher wrote:

    Your subject line isn't very goos, you already said below you downloaded
    the bodies but ask about location.
    You have the bodies so what isn't working? That's the file downloaded.
    It's in the Help and most likely mentioned as a beginners question in
    alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
    Agent | Help
    download

    Topics found
    How to Retrieve an Attachment
    How to Save and Launch Attachments
    Lesson2: Using a Binary Newsgroup

    Agent | Help
    retrieve
    Topics found
    How to Retrieve an Attachment
    How to Save and Launch Attachments
    Lesson2: Using a Binary Newsgroup

    So you said they were downloaded and now you aren't sure?

    It's all in the Help,

    How to Retrieve an Attachment
    Retrieve and/or view the attachment by selecting Launch Attachment from
    the Attachments flyout on the File menu.
    <snip some description>
    If you select Save All Attachments from the File menu (Attachments
    flyout), Agent will save all attachments in the directory entered in the
    'Attachment Folders panel of the Properties for Selected Folders
    dialog.'

    The last bit is a link to

    Properties for Selected Folders Dialog
    Attachment Folders Panel

    Use this dialog to define settings for the selected newsgroup. TIP: If
    you highlight several folders before opening this panel, you will be
    changing the settings for all the selected folders at once.

    This panel defines the Windows folder (or directory) where Agent saves
    file attachments and the temporary Windows folder (or directory) Agent
    uses when launching files.

    Try the built in help again and read.
    I only read the instructions from the Help file and searched for the
    exact same 2 keywords you mentioned,
    download
    retrieve

    Me

    why?, Nov 18, 2007
  5. TheStoneCrusher

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:16:41 GMT, Luke O'Malley wrote:

    Back yo yje crappy pcm plus quoting...oh well.
    That's Help | About only 1 of the 15 options for Help.
    You can try to reinstall or ask in the FA ng mentioned earlier.

    Or even search
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent/topics
    If Index isn't working,
    Help | Contents | How to Use | Folder Properties.
    and Search.
    Me

    why?, Nov 18, 2007