    and apparently FF just created another profile for me, but how do I tell it
    to use the old one - provided it can be found?

    FB

    Freebird, Apr 1, 2005

  2. First of all, open Profile Manager:

    To open Firefox's Profile Manager, click Start>>>Run, type firefox.exe
    -p in the field, and click OK. Note the space after exe, it is important.

    How many profiles are listed?

    If two, start in the desired profile, to ensure that it works, and then
    close FF, reopen PM, and remove the unwanted one.

    If only one profile is listed in Profile mnager, post back here for more
    directions.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Apr 1, 2005

  3. Freebird

    Freebird Guest

    Lee advised:

    I did that, including the space after ".exe," and each time I tried, I
    succeeded only in opening FF to my regular home page...no Profile Manager in
    sight.

    FB

    Freebird, Apr 2, 2005
  4. Okay the other version is to right click on the shortcut you use to open
    Firefox, and select properties. In the target field, you will see the
    path to firefox.exe:

    "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

    Add the command argument to that, so it reads:

    "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p

    This one is handy if you often use multiple profiles, and need to get to
    profile manager on a regular basis.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Apr 2, 2005
  5. Freebird

    Rom Guest

    Did you also include the "-p" after the space?

    firefox.exe -p

    (Just a thought; as "-p" appears on the next line in Lee's message.
    Without the "-p" after "firefox.exe ", Firefox would open as you
    described)

    Rom, Apr 2, 2005
  6. Yes, I see, it wrapped itself. firefox.exe -p

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Apr 2, 2005
  7. Freebird

    Freebird Guest

    I used the second option - adding the -p to the properties menu - and it
    worked! I've got two profiles, I chose the "old one," and everything is
    still there! Many many thanks!!!

    FB

    Freebird, Apr 2, 2005