After SP2, WEP Key Identified As Incorrect!!!

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Curt, Mar 4, 2005.

  1. Curt

    Curt Guest

    Hello To All,

    I'm able to connect to my home network, but NOT the internet, which is setup
    through the MS MN500 Base Station.

    I'm using a MS MN520 notebook adapter on a Dell Inspiron 1100, WinXP Home
    SP2. I had to reformat and reinstall XP using the Dell supplied OS CD and
    loaded all the device drivers which were on a different disk. No problems
    there.

    I then installed MS Broadband Networking, installed the MN520 adapter,
    connected to my home network and the internet, downloaded the MS Broadband
    Networking software update and installed it. All was well.

    I then installed SP2. Since then my WEP key is not being accepted. I've not
    transposed or mis-typed any digits/letters in the WEP key, (I must've
    re-entered it a dozen times by now).

    I've installed SP2 using WinUpdate, the SP2 CD and the 266mb IT download
    that I'd saved to disk last summer. Neither of the SP2 installs will allow
    the WEP key to be accepted.

    The really odd thing is that SP2 caused no such problems before the
    reformat. Any and all thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

    Curt.

    Curt, Mar 4, 2005

  2. Curt

    Curt Guest