    Anyone having experience with that ? Is it true that the Csico should be on
    auto sensing while the PCs should have a fixed NIC value ?

    TIA, Paul

    Paul Honegger, Dec 9, 2004

  2. :Now I heard that a possible problem could be that the W2K PCs which are
    :connected to this switch having "incorrect" interface settings. Means the
    :interface of the PC has to be set by default to i.e. 100 FD instead of auto
    :sensing.

    :Anyone having experience with that ? Is it true that the Csico should be on
    :auto sensing while the PCs should have a fixed NIC value ?

    No, you shouldn't do that. If one end is set to autosense and the
    other is fixed, then the autosensing one will choose 10/half !

    It is true, though, that at least some NICs don't autonegotiate
    on W2K; I've seen this in action myself. When the problem occurs,
    you don't get cycles of working/not working, you just get VERY slow
    transfers [possibly slow enough to time some things out.] If you
    suspect that this might be a problem, then you should force the NIC
    and the switchport to be the same (e.g., 100 full).

    Walter Roberson, Dec 9, 2004

  3. Paul Honegger

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Either both sides should be fixed, or both sides should be on auto.

    Do you really have a 2950 (XL) model? or just 2950?

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Dec 9, 2004