    have any security on the network but for some reason after installing SP2 it
    thinks it does. I tried puting security on it and taking it off but it
    doesn't matter. It is a Microsoft wireless Network.

    Guest, Sep 26, 2005

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    :

    Hi

    I had the same problem - don't know if this will help but give it a try:

    My wireless adapter is internal (Centrino) and in my frustration of not
    being able to get my wireless to work I uninstalled the driver for the
    wireless modem. I couldn't figure out how to re-install it as I hadn't got
    the CD Rom drivers for the computer so, thninking I'd screwed up, I tried the
    classic turn it off and turn it on again. The computer automatically
    re-installed the dirver and now my wireless connection works fine.

    I don't know if it will work for you, but if you are feeling brave, give it
    a go!

    Hope this helps

    Guest, Sep 26, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the reply. I did try to re-install the software but that didn't
    help. I turned off the firewall also. I have a Microsoft network and card. I
    have two other computers in the house and they work fine so I know the
    network itself is OK. I may have to get a new card but I just hate to do
    that...

    Guest, Sep 27, 2005
  4. Guest

    Quaoar Guest

    Open the TCP/IP properties of the wireless connection, Advanced button,
    Options tab, TCP/IP filtering button, check that the ports/protocols are
    "Permit All". If they are "Permit Only", it will kill the connection.

    Quaoar, Sep 29, 2005