AEROCOOL COOLPANEL 2 - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigal, Nov 4, 2005.

1. bigal

The Modfather

Well, you get what works best for you. If ya don't need it then you don't.

The Modfather, Nov 10, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. bigal

unholy

thats why i got a ownage mx518, and soon a LCD. looking at a 17" 8ms (~$400 AU)

unholy, Nov 10, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. bigal

XhArD

hehe, my bro has managed to get me a 17" 8ms LCD for $260AU :D Picking it up tomorrow night.

XhArD, Nov 10, 2005
  4. bigal

The Modfather

Sounds good. I wouldn't mind being able to get another monitor, that'd be nice. Can't afford one now though. Maybe in a month or so, or after I finish this web design job.

The Modfather, Nov 11, 2005
  5. bigal

XhArD

got it tonight, only 12ms :( Oh well, for $260 I can't complain :) I'll never be able to use a CRT again! I've gone from a 15" CRT to a 17" LCD, and that old piece of crap is gone!

XhArD, Nov 11, 2005
  6. bigal

bigal

Nothing like....

...new gear to make us happy. I'm sure you'll be gaming this weekend. Do you have Call of Duty 2 yet? How about Quake IV? FEAR perhaps? We'll be gaming at my house, starting this afternoon, and continuing into Sunday. :p

bigal, Nov 11, 2005
  7. bigal

XhArD

Got none of them :( I can't afford to buy anything else at the moment, still saving, gonna be spending about $100 on one thing alone when I go to New Zealand. There's a little platform with a V6 engine on the back attached to a big fan. You lie down on it, get lifted 100m into the air in the middle of a big canyon, then floor it. You reach up to 160mph 3 feet from the ground :D

XhArD, Nov 11, 2005
  8. bigal

bigal

I hope...

....it doesn't catch air and flip over!!! Have you ever seen a high speed boat crash after it catches air? The pilot is in a cage, and that's the only thing that can save him as the boat tears itself apart on the water. :shock:

bigal, Nov 11, 2005
  9. bigal

The Modfather

Ya know, I've been using an LCD for a couple of years now and honestly, the first thing I think of is... I miss my CRT. It was just a much better image, clearer, you could switch resolutions without a problem, I just liked it better. But oh well.

The Modfather, Nov 11, 2005
  10. bigal

XhArD

My first impression was that the LCD was sharper, higher res and lighter. Much brighter too :) People reckon LCDs don't handle games too well because of blurriness. If any game is going to push it, it's either NFSU or MotoGP 3, with all the motion blur used. Tested it on them both, no problems whatsoever.
    And to Al, I'm gonna be going on the jet boat over there too :p Can hardly remember the last time I went on one of them, musta been about 4 years old.

XhArD, Nov 11, 2005
  11. bigal

Gez

Gez, Nov 11, 2005
  12. bigal

XhArD

My bro seems to think that buying LG laptops wasn't a good idea, the screens kept dying :| He was working fixing computers and laptops for Getronics, and had stacks of dodgy laptops in the workshop. most of the time the fault was the screen. Suppose an LCD monitor would be a different story. You'd wanna hope so, they're pretty damn expensive.

XhArD, Nov 11, 2005
  13. bigal

Gez

ya, mine has been working nicely for the time though, first LCD i have purchased without a dead pixel too. :D

Gez, Nov 11, 2005
  14. bigal

unholy

I am going to get a polyview, dont know what LCD's they use. but probably samsungs. anyways friend has one its real good, it also has a free video switcher inbuilt which is a plus side :D

unholy, Nov 12, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question