    What should I do to get rid of Adware.Gator?
    Thanks for any help,
    George

    George, Jan 8, 2005

  2. George

    Richard Guest

    It's most likely an entry in your system restore files.
    You'll never get rid of it unless you delete the restore file then reboot
    right away.

    Richard, Jan 8, 2005

  3. George

    samuel Guest

    download then update then run
    Ad-Aware
    Spybot Search and Destroy
    Spyware Blaster

    alt.comp.anti-virus
    alt.privacy.spyware

    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    samuel, Jan 8, 2005
  4. George

    Ron Martell Guest

    Gator is spyware and not a virus so antivirus programs are not really
    properly designed to handle it. And if you have Gator you probably
    have other similar scumware infesting your computer as well.

    Go to MVP Jim Eshelman's Spyware Quick Fix page at
    http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm and follow the steps described
    there.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada