    permanently? Every time I burn a cd I can only get the stuff that doesn't
    animate to record. Needless to say I'm a rookie at most of this kind of
    work. Any help will be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

    GJL, Sep 30, 2003

  2. I'm guessing these files disappear because you're using Internet
    Explorer and they're being stored in your Temporary Internet Files
    Folder, "temporary" being the operative word here. To save them permanently:

    Start Windows Explorer. Navigate to your Temporary Internet Files
    Folder. The path will look something like this.

    C:\Documents and Settings\YourAccountName\Local Settings\Temporary
    Internet Files

    Click the Internet Address column heading to sort by URL name.

    Locate the name of the website from which you downloaded the animation.
    The animation file itself will have an extension such as .swf. Copy this
    file to a different folder. From there you can view the animation by
    right-clicking the file name > Open With > Internet Explorer.

    SirOsisOfThuliver, Sep 30, 2003

  3. what you do is if they're GIF files, right-click on the picture you want, go
    to save picture as, and then name it. it should stay on your desktop as long
    as you don't have to reimage your harddrive.

    yellow submarine, Sep 30, 2003
  4. GJL

    °Mike° Guest

    Favorites / Add to Favorites ... check the box 'Make available
    offline', press 'Customize' and follow the prompts.

    °Mike°, Sep 30, 2003