    There are differences between the Mac and Windows OFFICE products that
    lead to significant incompatibilities. As an example, the Mac version of
    OUTLOOK does not play well with MS Exchange server.

    Harry Krause, Sep 17, 2004

  2. There is *no* Mac version of Outlook. Entourage will connect quite
    nicely to Exchange Server.

    Randall Ainsworth, Sep 17, 2004

  3. Michael Sacks

    JK Guest

    An air coooled dual Opteron system of comparable cost is much faster than
    the water cooled Mac. Water cooling also has its drawbacks. If a leak
    develops,
    it is possible that a system could be trashed.

    JK, Sep 17, 2004
  4. Absolutely.

    Q.E.D.

    John McWilliams, Sep 17, 2004
  5. Michael Sacks

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I must have missed something. I didn't suggest ANYONE use a PC. Note
    the emphasis for 'ME' in the quote above. Anyone who likes the Mac OS,
    and who doesn't mind paying more for a stylish case is welcome to use,
    and enjoy a Mac all he wants. But denying the simple, demonstrable,
    facts doesn't make sense.

    Ron Hunter, Sep 17, 2004
  6. Michael Sacks

    Keith Guest

    This is the crux of the issue, when do facts become opinions, some facts
    have 'grey edges' if you leave out ease of use, perceived quality, or
    whatever values someone else has in higher priority, etc.

    Imagine a Corvett user arguing his car is say 'better' than say a
    Ferrari. The 'facts' could be listed as: as faster, cheaper, better
    value, etc - to one particular type of car user. To another the Ferrari
    is 'better' beause of the brand, image, engineering ethos, etc.

    I don't really have much respect for people who campain negatively for
    their particular choice, a bit like some politicians who run down the
    opposition rather than telling the electorate what is good about their
    particular policies.

    If you like a particular computer system then fine, you should feel
    comfortable and confident with your particular choice, no problem here
    with that.

    All I am questioning why some people feel the need to throw stones at
    others? If I met someone like this socially, who denigrated my choice of
    car, camera, toothbrush (and I do come across people like this from time
    to time) or whatever, I would think of them as a rather rude person, or
    possibly insecure and not someone I would care to spend time with
    socially...

    I have reached an age now where I don't really tolerate this kind of
    attitue, but I tend to walk away rather than rising to the bait, I just
    think they have a problem of some kind!!! Life is too short to get
    worked up about these fairly petty trhings.

    Keith, Sep 17, 2004
  7. Michael Sacks

    Jimson Wead Guest

    he he,... Does that include spelling errors?

    Some people enjoy taunting others, some don't enjoy the taunt.
    Some are over the edge in the taunt, and some just can't take a joke.

    Letting people dis you however and just walking away causes you stress,
    and eventually it will boil over, you'll either snap and shoot someone,
    run them off the road or die from a massive heart attack. Better to
    confront them direct and in a positive manner. Take up Tai Chi it will
    give you all you need. Using peoples negative energy in a positive
    manner is truly an art worth practicing.
    That's the approved "mature" version but it does cause stress to just
    walk away.

    Jimson Wead, Sep 17, 2004
  8. Michael Sacks

    Keith Guest

    Not to me actually!! I have to be all assertive and managerial at work,
    outside work I just can't be bothered, I assure you it doesn't cause me
    any stress, thanks for your concern ;-)

    Keith, Sep 18, 2004
  9. Michael Sacks

    Ron Wong Guest

    I have to agree with Keith.

    When nothing is to be gained by either parties in the course of a
    dialogue, they either move on to another subject or end the dialogue.

    It's not an issue of "the approved 'mature' version" of how one should
    behave, it's just what one does in situations like this.

    There is nothing stressful about making this decision and living with it.
    After all, situations like this do occur and one learns to simply do the
    sensible thing and move on (or, in the case of Keith, "walk away").

    ron

    Ron Wong, Sep 18, 2004
  10. Past two have been AMD. No end to that in sight.

    Brian C. Baird, Sep 20, 2004