    If My System Crash and I need to reinstall my OS after reinstall the OS, how
    do I set up Broadband again, Is it by the CD the NTL Provided??

    PLease reply asap

    Ling Chung Shum, Jun 21, 2003

  2. Ling Chung Shum

    me Guest

    yes

    me, Jun 21, 2003

  3. Ling Chung Shum

    Gary Guest

    If using Ethernet connection (network cable + Network card) with a cable
    modem, then all you need to do is create a standard LAN connection and set
    up the TCP/IP protocol in that conenction so that it obtains an Ip address
    and DNS server automatically. Setup IE connection settings to automatically
    detect settings (IE - Tools>Internet Options>Connections>Lan Settings).

    If using a USB connection between your pc and the cable modem then you might
    need the disk for the drivers, but since i dont use that i cant help there.

    No Point setting up your email, haha , it never works, hasnt worked for me
    since may.

    Good Luck

    Gary

    Gary, Jun 21, 2003
  4. Ling Chung Shum

    Richard Guest

    Yes. And using the drivers provided for the modem. May be on a seperate
    floppy disk.

    Richard, Jun 21, 2003
  5. Ling Chung Shum

    Bill Guest

    It's as easy as that is it!

    Thank heavens we can't get broadband round here, it took me three months to
    get my head round setting up dialup connections.

    Bill

    Bill, Jun 21, 2003
  6. Ling Chung Shum

    Prof Guest

    If it is like a DSL line you should copy the information in Control Panel
    under Networking, all of the information on IP addresses like DNS settings,
    Gateway. On what I have they give you this information on paper and you
    have to put it in but you might have it done automatically via your cd. I
    would check in control panel and save the information. Also on most crashes
    with XP, restoring to a previous time will solve the problem and the drastic
    step of totally redoing the system is not necessary.

    Prof, Jun 22, 2003