    shipped to another country, and giving them support will not be easy.

    Thanks

    Ronbol

    Ronbol, Jul 1, 2004

  2. Ronbol

    Guest Guest

    Well....

    Setup one desktop to dialup with a normal modem.
    Connect a wireless AP to the LAN port on this machine and
    enable Internet connection sharing.
    This way are using the desktop as the "gateway" to the
    dialup...and all machines on the wireless should be able
    to use the connection.

    Guest, Jul 1, 2004

  3. Ronbol

    Jack Guest

    Jack, Jul 2, 2004
  4. Ronbol

    hawk Guest

    There are very few routers that have dial-up modem support. SMC is one
    company that does have a couple of routers with a com port for
    connecting a dial-up modem. But I am not sure that any of their
    wireless models do. You could use the SMC 7004ABR which is a wired
    router with a dial-up modem port and connect it to one of the wireless
    models, maybe the SMC 7004 AWBR. I have used the SMC 7004ABR with a
    dial-up modem.

    The other method of using a modem connected to one of the computers
    requires that computer to be in serveice and the sial up to be done
    from that computer. Wth the router, any computer can initiate the dial-up.

    hawk

    hawk, Jul 2, 2004
  5. Ronbol

    Dick Kistler Guest

    ">
    Note: If this system is shipped to another country you may run afoul
    of that country's radio emission laws. In other words, wireless equipment
    bought
    in the US or whatever country you're in may not be legal in the country
    that you are sending the equipment to.

    Dick Kistler

    Dick Kistler, Jul 2, 2004