    gratefully accepted.

    Thanks
    Andy

    AndyPr, Nov 14, 2004

  2. AndyPr

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    You need to install both cards to be in Ad-Hoc mode.

    This setting is usually available in the cards drivers.

    Or use the manufacturer utility.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Nov 14, 2004

  3. AndyPr

    AndyPr Guest

    Thank you Jack. I'll have a look.

    Andy

    AndyPr, Nov 14, 2004
  4. AndyPr

    peter Guest

    You describe a wireless network adaptor card but you do not describe a wireless
    access point or router.
    You said a "standard" USB modem with a USB network adaptor ....Not wireless
    capable.
    You cannot connect without having an access point.You need to buy wireless
    router which would hook up to your ZyXEL and your MSI would communicate with it
    to access the net or the other computer.
    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/communication/cmu/pro_cmu_detail.php?UID=584
    click on product diagram on the left.
    http://www.zyxel.com/product/model....dexcate1=1021877946&indexFlagvalue=1021873638
    look at the users guide on the right.
    peter

    peter, Nov 15, 2004
  5. AndyPr

    AndyPr Guest

    Than you very much for your advice peter. It's much appreciated.

    Andy

    AndyPr, Nov 15, 2004