    strange behaviour? Any advice on battery management would also be welcome
    because it's been a very expensive purchase.

    Thanks in advance.

    John Barry, Feb 27, 2005

  2. John Barry

    philo Guest

    because the battery could have been sitting in a warehouse for a few
    months...
    it's typically advisable to charge it first before using it.
    if you charged it for 16 hours as advised..then put it in your laptop and
    found it to be dead...
    the charger you used is clearly defective...
    (unless you plugged it into a dead outlet)

    philo, Feb 27, 2005

  3. John Barry

    WormWood Guest

    That's strange....plugging my laptop into an electrical outlet with
    battery in the computer is the proper way to go to recharge.

    WormWood, Feb 27, 2005
  4. John Barry

    philo Guest

    the OP might have been using some external charger...
    the type which discharges the battery first to prevent it from developing a
    memory

    philo, Feb 27, 2005