    licence - or am I being naive :)

    Thanks for any responses.

    paul

    paul, Jun 27, 2004

  2. paul

    Daniel Guest

    Depends Paul.

    You've missed a few other significant details like CPU, & graphics.

    Daniel, Jun 27, 2004

  3. paul

    paul Guest

    bugger sorry mate. you're right.

    it is a pentium III 800mhz cpu. onboard AGP graphics with a dedicated 4mb
    ram module for the graphics (fits into the agp slot).

    paul, Jun 27, 2004
  4. paul

    ~misfit~ Guest

    The monitor is a bit crap but other than that your price isn't too
    unreasonable as long as the CD writer still writes etc. If I had the money
    I'd be trying to knock you down a bit and buy it myself, I want a Win 2K Pro
    licence and the machine would find a home somewhere on my LAN.

    The 2K Pro licence would be worth $150 if it wasn't OEM, tied to the
    machine. $50 if it is and includes a proper MS install CD and there's
    someone out there who needs the machine. (All in my opinion).

    Shame it's a Compaq.

    ~misfit~, Jun 27, 2004
  5. paul

    Daniel Guest

    Hmmm... sounds reasonable to me, especially with the license.

    If you took another $50 off, I think you'd definitely be getting offers.
    But, $350 not a bad price.

    Daniel, Jun 27, 2004
  6. paul

    zog Guest

    Wrong forum to guage price. Probably $100 to somone here but maybe $500
    'out there' dependant on several factors but CPU most important to the
    uninitialted.

    zog, Jun 27, 2004
  7. paul

    thing Guest

    The warehouse is selling a new Dell for $1000...now that is a price to
    think about.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Jun 28, 2004
  8. paul

    GraB Guest

    I've an interesting problem that I would like some advice on. I have a
    How long would you think about it? It has no floppy drive. That is
    an extra at time of purchase, as is extra RAM and they charge about
    $100 if you want them to come and set it up for you. Given that the
    integrated graphics require 32 - 64megs of the 256Mb of RAM that it
    comes with, that doesn't leave enough for Win XP to run in. What is
    the quality of the monitor like? What is the CD burner like?

    You could build a better one for similar money yourself. I priced
    some components, from NZ online suppliers, to build a system for $999
    that included a DVD burner but no OS. Replace the DVD burner for a
    cheap CD burner and you have the money for the oem XP.

    GraB, Jun 28, 2004