    Personally, I wouldn't waste your time arguing about it, Don. Very few
    technically minded people in usenet.

    Uni

    Uni, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Toby

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    ^^^^
    See above poster for example

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Toby

    Uni Guest

    Uni, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Toby

    Michael-NC Guest

    You dumbass, Anandtech is one of the most respected hardware review sites on
    the net. You must be one of those artsy bastards on one of these graphics
    groups this thread is X-posted too. You have no clue junior, go draw a
    flower or something.

    Michael-NC, Apr 18, 2004
  5. Toby

    Michael-NC Guest

    Without a doubt, you're absolutely correct!

    But...

    Don't bother with him, he must be a "digital artist" from one the graphics
    groups that this is X-posted too. It would be preferable to argue with a
    jackass.

    Michael-NC, Apr 18, 2004
  6. Toby

    Thor Guest

    Since when is Anandtech a "promotional page for AMD"? They are, and have
    always been a respected, independent hardware review site. They aren't
    affiliated with AMD, or any other brand. If you are going to accuse them of
    being a shill for AMD, perhaps you should present some compelling evidence
    to support such a claim.

    Thor, Apr 18, 2004
  7. Toby

    Uni Guest

    I have to assume you're a regular in alt.computer, since I don't see any
    posts from you in the Photoshop group. Personally, I have never heard of
    Anandtech. If you wish to believe everything you read, even by wanna be
    technical gurus, that's your prerogative. Most professionals I know,
    insist on Intel. AMD's hang/crash and overheat - that's what they're
    well known for. Non professional people will purchase a cheaper, lower
    grade CPU, then they have to fabricate stories how it's better than an
    Intel, when it's not.

    Uni

    Uni, Apr 18, 2004
  8. Toby

    derek / nul Guest

    Your AMD information is at least 5 years old, you may want to research further
    at this time.

    derek / nul, Apr 18, 2004
  9. Toby

    Uni Guest

    I saw at LEAST three (3) links to purchase AMD products on that page. If
    that's not enough promotional evidence, I don't know what is. A decent
    technical site won't have tons of links on it to keep them in business.

    Uni

    Uni, Apr 18, 2004
  10. Toby

    Uni Guest

    Yes, go play Pacman on your AMD. I'm sure that won't overload it.

    Uni

    Uni, Apr 18, 2004
  11. Toby

    Thor Guest

    I'm afraid you are grossly misinfomed, Uni. AMD chips are every bit as good
    as Intel, and they do not hang/crash any more than Intel's do. Heat issues
    are dealt with by nature of the multitude of cooling solutions available for
    either brand, and there is no more of a problem cooling AMD chips than with
    Intel's. Furthermore, Anandtech is a very well-known independent review site
    in PC enthusiast circles. Your willingness to accuse them of being a shill
    for AMD, when you admittedly know absolutely nothing about them, their
    history, or their well-earned reputation for professionalism and
    objectivity, speaks volumes about your inability to articulate an effective
    argument to counter their test results. Something tells me that you didn't
    even bother reading the review or the test results to judge it on the
    merits. You'd rather sit there on your pseudo-high-horse and assume that
    just because a few people you refer to as "professionals" are evidently as
    equally ill-informed as you are, that you can confidently assume the review
    is a fabrication in AMD's favor. Let me tell you without a doubt, you have
    been listening to people who frankly, should not be dealing advice about CPU
    choices, because they clearly aren't informed in that regard. Even the
    slightest amount of research from the multitudes of independent review sites
    will tell you that AMD chips are outstanding, reliable, stable performers
    and are quality products, and every bit as good as Intel chips. Yes, I'm a
    regular in alt.computer. But that's about the only correct assumption you
    have made. I would suggest that you delve into the CPU field *yourself*
    instead of listening to these "professionals" you referred to. I think you
    will find that their "profession" is clearly not rooted in knowledge of
    CPUs, Intel, AMD or otherwise. In my 11 year career involving PCs, I've been
    in PC mass production, repairs, quality assurance, as well as configuration,
    sales and service, in my own business for 8 years of that. I have personally
    used, and professionally sold a multitude of both AMD, and Intel-based
    systems. From my own personal and professional experience, both are
    excellent products. Both are reliable to a fault, and neither are difficult
    to cool. Get informed, Uni. Or simply continue to wallow in your ignorance,
    and continue to make a fool of yourself in a public forum.

    Thor, Apr 18, 2004
  12. Toby

    Michael-NC Guest

    LOL! You must be a troll or just a stupid bastard! This AMD VS Intel thing
    went on about _five_ years ago. Since then, it's been common wisdom that AMD
    is every bit the equal and many times, better choice than Intel. Ahhh, the
    nostalgia...

    Thanks for the memories jackass!

    Michael-NC, Apr 18, 2004
  13. Toby

    Thor Guest

    There are also several links to Intel products. Many of the ad banners are
    rotating, so they change every so often. I've seen some that have nothing
    but Intel-based products across the top on several occasions, and there are
    Intel-related banners throughout the site. I guess I should complain that
    they are biased in favor of Intel. You evidently only see only what you want
    to see. Furthermore, exactly how do you expect a site with as much traffic
    as Anandtech to run without advertising dollars? Bandwidth costs money. In
    case you didn't know that.

    Thor, Apr 18, 2004
  14. Toby

    Michael-NC Guest

    Well said Thor. This is an example of an opinion trapped in a 5 year old
    time capsule... Or, perhaps stuck in a mind with a super-inflated ego,
    spawned by the notion that since it thinks it knows how to use Photoshop, it
    thinks it knows what Photoshop should be run on.

    How amusing!

    Michael-NC, Apr 18, 2004
  15. Toby

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Also, AMD chips with heat problems? Perhaps with the K6 line, but lets
    see, the Prescott normally runs around 73C vs my XP3200+ running at 50C on
    a hot day...

    DeMoN LaG, Apr 19, 2004
  16. Toby

    Voivod Guest

    Uni's just a troll. In other groups he pretends to be a professional
    engineer and a graphics god. Just ignore him and he won't go away...

    Voivod, Apr 19, 2004
  17. Toby

    Voivod Guest

    The former rather than the latter.

    Voivod, Apr 19, 2004
  18. Toby

    Uni Guest

    I enjoy you KIDS who hang out in the alt.computer. About all you know is
    how to buy a computer and plug in. Most AMD cheerleaders use their
    computer for entertainment, nothing serious, nothing more.

    Uni

    Uni, Apr 19, 2004
  19. Toby

    Uni Guest

    Thor, you apparently bought the AMD, not I. Who exactly is the "fool"?
    You AMD Lovers have nothing better to do but argue until you're blue in
    the face, believing you're going to convince someone that AMD is
    superior to Intel. Well, let me give you a little word of advice, don't
    waste your time.

    And, yes, I've run across many like you, that have X number of years of
    computer experience under your belt. However, I'm never impressed with a
    single one of them.

    Good day.

    Uni
    p.s. Put a dog collar on your Michael-NC. Thanks.

    Uni, Apr 19, 2004
  20. Toby

    Michael-NC Guest

    Hey uni, thanks for confirming you're a stupid bastard! I was wondering!

    Apparently other people in your group feel the same way about you!

    Michael-NC, Apr 19, 2004