Advice From Newbie On Selecting a Home DVD Player, Please ?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Robert11, May 6, 2004.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Not too sharp with this, and would really appreciate some advice.
    Probably should have years ago, but have finally decided to buy a dvd
    player.

    Will not be used too much, frankly, and am not a video or audio hobbyist.
    Just the occasional dvd for home viewing.

    Saw a Memorex dvd with progresive scan advertised by Sears for about $35.
    Obviously, prety cheap.

    -What features do I really want/need for an occasional user ?
    -Any brands in particular to stay away from ?

    -Opinions on the Sears Memorex unit, or other fairly cheap players in
    general ?

    Much thanks; appreciate help,
    Bob

    Robert11, May 6, 2004

  2. Robert11

    TomH Guest

    Buy one that supports all the formats. As I found out, you may not know what
    you want to play, and a lot of players will play them all. Pay more for quality,
    you get what you pay for, and those cheap models usually don't last very long.

    -Tom

    TomH, May 9, 2004