    We must be buying different brands then. Mind you, I've only bought CD-RWs
    or combo drives recently, retail packs, (for the software) maybe they're
    differently set?

    ~misfit~, Nov 3, 2003

  2. ::Nick::

    Bret Guest

    I suppose they must be.

    Bret, Nov 3, 2003

  3. ::Nick::

    Mainlander Guest

    For a CD ROM the fact they are set to slave is not strange, because there
    will inevitably be a HDD already present in the system. The Cyberdrive I
    bought recently was jumpered to slave by default.

    Mainlander, Nov 3, 2003
  4. ::Nick::

    ~misfit~ Guest

    OK. All the ones I've bought recently are retail packs with an IDE cable
    included and are jumpered to master. As I mentioned in another post, they've
    mainly been CD-RWs though.

    ~misfit~, Nov 3, 2003