    leo Guest

    I need to enlarge the pictures from 20D to 3840x5760. What is the best
    way to enlarge and sharpen the images? Thanks.

    leo, Feb 26, 2005

  2. leo

    Stacey Guest

    Try Qimage for upsampling. Ultrasharpen is another interesting product,
    they have a demo "action" for PS you might want to check out. Both are free
    to try out.

    Stacey, Feb 26, 2005

  3. The best way, I've read, is to upsample in many small, recursive
    increments, say plus 10% per linear dimension at a time until the
    target resolution is reached. Then "clean up" the resulting image, and
    lastly sharpen. I find this method works well for me and introduces as
    few interpolation errors a possible.

    Of course, it's always best not to upsample, if you don't have to.
    After all, that 8MP 20D image is really an upsample from at best a 4MP
    one. That's why in the specs, for resolution, it says 8.2 million
    EFFECTIVE pixels.

    There is a web site that gives detailed directions and recommendations
    on doing this (as well as other digital processing techniques), but I
    don't have the URL handy. Search for "upsampling digital images."

    Stefan Patric, Feb 26, 2005