    I am thinking £250 / $500 max.

    Any ideas on what I should be looking at?

    Many thanks in advance.

    Carl, Mar 12, 2007

  2. Charles Schuler, Mar 12, 2007

  3. Jessops had these on special offer recently - pocket-sized, 7MP, 28 -
    200mm zoom, CCD-shift image stabilisation:

    http://www.digicamreview.co.uk/ricoh_caplio_r5_review.htm

    Panasonic have excellent lenses, though, and everything else being equal I
    would choose that brand.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Mar 12, 2007
  4. Carl

    MG Guest

    MG, Mar 12, 2007
  5. Carl

    ASAAR Guest

    But as we well know, everything else isn't equal. :)

    ASAAR, Mar 13, 2007
  6. Indeed yes. Handling alone is one thing that differs when evaluating
    cameras. Something I might find comfortable will be too small for others!

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Mar 13, 2007