Adventures of Superman -- official release plans

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by anthony, Jul 1, 2005.

  1. anthony

    anthony Guest

    anthony, Jul 1, 2005

  2. anthony

    Fuzzy Wuzzy Guest

    man, they are some super underpants

    Fuzzy Wuzzy, Jul 1, 2005

  3. anthony

    atec Guest

    You should have seen it splashed across a picture screen when a nipper ,
    really scary .

    atec, Jul 1, 2005
  4. anthony

    Luke Hooft Guest

    I'm more interested in seeing the Kirk Alyn serials. And the second of 2
    Batman serials has been released, but not the first, unfortunately.

    George Reeves though... I just laugh when I see pictures, he's about the
    worst Superman (physically) you could get, short of also being bald and
    overweight.

    Ben Affleck is playing him in a movie too, which is weird because he looks
    nothing like Reeves but would have made a way better Superman (physically)
    than Reeves.

    LH

    Luke Hooft, Jul 1, 2005
  5. anthony

    Mike Guest

    Did you ever see what muclemen looked like in the 50's? They always had
    that beefy, slightly chunky look. They padded his costume to achieve
    that look.

    Mike, Jul 2, 2005

  6. anyone is better than Brandon Routh though!

    Matthew(He Who Walks Behind The Rows), Jul 3, 2005
  7. anthony

    NewcastleBoy Guest

    On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 15:14:42 +1000, "Matthew(He Who Walks Behind The
    Even Ashton Kutcher?

    - NewcastleBoy

    NewcastleBoy, Jul 3, 2005
  8. anthony

    Luke Hooft Guest

    Reeves' physique was the least of his problems. He just looked crap. Like
    someone's daggy dad.

    LH

    Luke Hooft, Jul 3, 2005
  9. anthony

    Luke Hooft Guest

    Yeah, because you've seen him as Superman already and he sucked? Because he
    just happened not to be cast as a teen Clark 5 years ago on TV?

    Going on looks alone (which is the only thing we can judge him by yet) Routh
    is the Best Superman after Christopher Reeve.

    Anyone is beter than Tom Welling, I say.

    LH

    Luke Hooft, Jul 3, 2005
  10. anthony

    Luke Hooft Guest

    Saw Kyle MacLachlan doing recent interviews on the latest DVD set of Dune.
    He definitely looked like a better looking version of Reeves. There's a
    definite resemblance, and I think he definitely should have played Reeves in
    the biopic like the original directors wanted several years ago (they got
    kicked off for wanting him, apparently). He looked great in his screentest,
    quite uncanny:

    http://filmforce.ign.com/superman/articles/368/368800p1.html

    LH

    Luke Hooft, Jul 3, 2005
  11. anthony

    karlpov Guest

    The fact is that Reeves was a pretty good screen version of the
    Superman of that period's comics, who was pretty boring too. There was
    little continuity in those days, which resulted in characters having
    practically no personality. Comic fans will understand when I point
    out that the Reeves series wasn't just pre-Crisis, it was
    pre-Spider-Man.

    karlpov, Jul 4, 2005
  12. anthony

    Luke Hooft Guest

    No, not physically. I'm sorry, but Reeves was not a good physical match for
    any drawn version of Superman - at the time or otherwise. Soft features,
    saggy jowls, flabby body, skinny neck. Not the least bit chiselled. He's the
    worst looking live action Superman by far.

    Alyn looked far better than Reeves, IMO.

    LH

    Luke Hooft, Jul 4, 2005