    internet. Also, the manual I got with the laptop is of no help.

    Many thanks
    JB

    JayneB, Jan 6, 2004

  2. JayneB

    HamMan Guest

    If it has a DVD drive it must be fairly new, and its more than likely it
    uses a customised Advent drive.
    Contact thm for repairs (free if its less than a year old remember), or a
    replacement drive.

    Hamman

    HamMan, Jan 6, 2004

  3. JayneB

    JayneB Guest

    Thanks HamMan, but I have had the laptop for about 2 years so there is no
    warranty on it.

    The DVD drive is a Toshiba SD-C2502. Not prepared to pay out a fortune for
    Advent to do it when I can try to do it myself with some guidance. Already
    got a replacement DVD drive to put in.

    Thanks
    JB

    JayneB, Jan 6, 2004
  4. JayneB

    HamMan Guest

    If you allready have it, just unscrew the backplate of the laptop. The drive
    will probably have about 4 screws holding it in place, undo them, and
    unfasten the data, and if there is one the power.

    Then remove the custom front of the old drive and attach to the new one, if
    it isnt standard. Then just screw the drive in, attach the cables and hope
    for the best.

    Hamman

    HamMan, Jan 6, 2004