    supports the SATA drive, but I've no experience with these units. Is
    anyone running one and are they worth the effort?
    Thanks.

    JTJersey, Sep 10, 2004

  2. JTJersey

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Generally no drives can take advantage of the extra bandwith offered by
    SATA over ATA133. But the drive you have there is still a nice one, and
    will perform great.

    Jim Berwick, Sep 10, 2004

  3. JTJersey

    VWWall Guest

    The advantage is due to the 10,000rpm rather than the SATA
    configuration. The thinner cables and no jumpers to set are also
    advantages. You won't get near the 150GB SATA thru-put however.

    Virg Wall

    VWWall, Sep 10, 2004
  4. JTJersey

    Thor Guest

    If the SATA drive supports native command queuing (as many are now beginning
    to), that can be a distinct advantage.

    Thor, Sep 10, 2004