    wrote in
    If they can't fund the 'install on demand option' they are not going to be
    able to figure out hosts files.

    Fuzzy Logic, Jun 29, 2005

  2. Most people I've talked to say that Firefox loads pages faster than IE6.
    Too bad that M$ has abandoned the 9x and NTx users. IE7 will not be
    available for 98se,ME,NT4 or win2000.
    -max

    What's in a Name?, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Defaults, alongside the vulnerabilities. That's a bad combination
    amongst a group of people who seem the least aware of what's going on
    with their software, how to use it, how to configure it, and so on.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 29, 2005
  4. melanie

    Tony Bukres Guest

    Most people prefer tabbed browsing than the alt-tab thing. Suppose you have
    10 windows open, you will have 10 seperate Windows in the status and you
    have no idea which browser is open to which site. Plus opening multiple
    windows consumes a lot more resources than having multiple tabs in the same
    app.

    However by default it's turned on and most users do not know what ActiveX
    is, its purpose or how to turn it off until instructed to do so.
    ActiveX is used to run native Windows apps inside IE.

    Tony

    Tony Bukres, Jun 30, 2005
  5. melanie

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Robert Withall mused:

    | Firefox is pretty much the MAC of the browser world. It's pretty, it
    | has a couple of vaugely functional things and it does cache alot of
    | stuff in the same way Opera does (though not as efficently) but it
    | also removes all your ability to do anything but what it wants you
    | too, and has no authorities itself. People who're destined to use
    | Apple MAC often like firefox. People who want to dictate to their
    | computer what it will do, not visa versa, on the whole, do not.

    That's funny ... considering the newer versions of IE will be
    copying many of the features of Firefox. Tabbed Browsing to name one.
    As for the user being forced to do only what Firefox wants them to do
    .... rubbish. I can change the way it looks, and the way it behaves ...
    extensions like Adblock, address mapping, spell check, Flash block, and
    script blocking allow you to tell Firefox how *you* want to browse.
    ....and the beauty is that the next user can "tell it" something
    completely different based on their own preferences.

    mhicaoidh, Jun 30, 2005
  6. melanie

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Fuzzy Logic mused:

    | IE doesn't install malware users do.

    Are you Charlton Heston?

    mhicaoidh, Jun 30, 2005
  7. melanie

    tholen Guest

    Classic illogical circular reasoning.
    You seem to be demonstrating increasingly nutty behavior.

    tholen, Jun 30, 2005
  8. Blinky the Shark gurgled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    At my age, if they can breathe on their own, they'll do.....

    The Old Sourdough, Jun 30, 2005
  9. melanie

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Will you please drop dead for me.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 30, 2005
  10. melanie

    Top Guest

    So it seems FF is driving IE to be better.

    Top, Jun 30, 2005
  11. melanie

    Tony Bukres Guest

    Yes.. when MS noticed that FF is eating from IE's market share they decided
    to not wait for Longhorn to release the bext version of IE and do something
    sooner. MS is driven my competition a lot.

    Tony

    Tony Bukres, Jun 30, 2005
  12. Sourdough's Girls Gone Wild! Too HOT For TV!

    http://blinkynet.net/stuff/ggw.jpg

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 30, 2005
  13. melanie

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I do try not to make contact with some of the regulars in this NG. No issues
    that way and no issues with some of the little partners in crime that float
    in this NG either... Hey it was just a general comment I made no harm no
    foul.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 30, 2005
  14. The Old Sourdough, Jun 30, 2005
  15. melanie

    Ron Martell Guest

    With any of several free add-ons you can have a tabbed interface with
    Internet Explorer as well.

    I use AM Browser (formerly Crazy Browser) from www.ambrowser.com
    (careful - it will try to reset your home page to their search site).

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Ron Martell, Jun 30, 2005
  16. melanie

    Ron Martell Guest

    Based on what happened with Java I would not be surprised if Microsoft
    came up with something in the way of XML "extensions" which would only
    be available in Microsoft apps.

    Ron Martell, Jun 30, 2005
  17. And that, my friends, is from a MS MVP. Granted, that probably implies
    that he believes this to be a good thing. But, still, the point is
    that they're going to screw with it *some* way, it actually being a
    real standard.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 30, 2005
  18. melanie

    Duane Arnold Guest

    It will remain to be seen. In the mean time, it's a moot point.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 30, 2005
  19. melanie

    DC Guest

    DC, Jul 1, 2005
  20. melanie

    DC Guest

    Quand on s'couche avec le cul qui pique, on s'lève avec le doigt qui
    pue. };O)

    DC, Jul 1, 2005