    Mine does too whenever Sandra Bullock is on the screen. OOOlala!! O God
    those loooong legs!!

    Ellis_jay

    ellis_jay, Jun 29, 2005

  2. Incorrigible! :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 29, 2005

  3. melanie

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    So if someone is using Firefox and a dialog box comes up saying you have
    spyware click here to fix the problem and the user does that and promptly
    installs spyware I guess that's a Firefox and user issue?
    Semantics...Since Avant does lots of things IE doesn't I consider it a
    browser that uses the same components that IE does.

    Fuzzy Logic, Jun 29, 2005
  4. Ain't she a cutie? And it doesn't help that I fell in love with her
    first *character* (that I saw) -- in "While You Were Sleeping". I'm a
    sucker for Just Normal Girl types like that, and - fiction or not - that
    *really* imprinted her on my mind. Worse -- when I've seen her on talks
    (Leno, etc.), she's always come across that way *herself*, as well.
    Serious crush, here, ohyeah. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 29, 2005
  5. Hey! :)

    I just know that using FF for three days and trying to compare it to
    something someone's probably used for years is foolish. (A savvy
    reviewer that gets intense with it for three days (and, again, note
    "savvy") and knows his stuff can do it, but not a Jane Sixpack
    never-used-anything-but-MS-because-that's-what-came-on-the-Dell type.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 29, 2005
  6. melanie

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    IE doesn't install malware users do.

    Fuzzy Logic, Jun 29, 2005
  7. melanie

    Guest Guest

    anyone here work for norwichunion or norwich union direct??

    you scammed me and i will not be bribed to speak in court so you can get
    your money back from the other party. i have spoken to the other parties
    insurance company and told them i except full responsability for the
    accident.

    from the begining i have done everthing you said and insisted on , only for
    you to put me through stress and penalise me and cost me money for doing
    what you want.

    go play your legal rubish some where else.

    good bye norwich union (norwich union direct)

    Guest, Jun 29, 2005
  8. melanie

    old jon Guest

    Sounds like there`s someone that didn`t say "make me happy".

    old jon, Jun 29, 2005
  9. No, because I regard IE and FF differently.
    Well, it *sounds* better than "I use IE", even if it Avant isn't really
    a browser. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 29, 2005
  10. It just encourages it.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 29, 2005
  11. Sounds like someone that doesn't have a clue what Usenet it.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 29, 2005
  12. melanie

    EricP Guest

    And somebody who will be paying for the claim if the insurers ever
    read:

    EricP, Jun 29, 2005
  13. melanie

    Guest Guest

    yes but this is not a matter of the money its a matter of princibles,
    and i was fully comp at the time,
    also what i have to say cannot be legaly used against the other
    company/person in a uk court because norwich-union-direct say (if you help
    us recover the money from the other party or their insurance company then we
    will give you back the 2 years NCB that we have taken from you)(this 2 years
    NCB is realy 3years Ncb because when you go to renew your insurance you have
    lost the next Ncb)
    thus this is a bribe which can influance the witnes/es to lie. thus what i
    say in court may have been influanced by this matter...

    Guest, Jun 29, 2005
  14. melanie

    elaich Guest

    The original poster.

    elaich, Jun 29, 2005
  15. melanie

    elaich Guest

    Does IE not come out of the box with "Install software on demand" ticked?

    How do all these people get their computers infested with malware? I read
    the posts every day in different groups. Ask them what browser they use,
    and the answer is invariably, "Internet Explorer."

    Tell them to go to advance options, and untick the box, and you get,
    "uhhhh, how do I do that?"

    elaich, Jun 29, 2005
  16. melanie

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    There are two install on demand options. One is enabled by default. Arguably
    a bad default.
    Let's start with pretty much everyone who uses Windows uses IE. Next many of
    these users are none too bright when it comes to computers. So if a user is
    merrily surfing along and encounters a dialog box that says you have a virus
    or spyware Click OK and we'll install a program to fix you right up many
    users happily do this. Guess what they now have malware. Is this IE's fault
    I would argue it's not. Other common scenarios are users downloading 'free'
    software that includes little 'extras'. Doing user support I see this all
    the time. Switching to another browser will not help these people. They need
    to better understand what they are doing.

    Fuzzy Logic, Jun 29, 2005
  17. melanie

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    How exactly?

    Fuzzy Logic, Jun 29, 2005
  18. Ah! Okay. Wasn't clear. Tnx.

    New MS hire, perhaps. Should be trolling the *Linux* groups; more MS
    Bonus Points for that, I'm sure. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 29, 2005
  19. And you think an internationally distributed newsgroup that mostly gets
    traffic on computer problems (albeit nothing except spam is offtopic) is
    a constructive place for your rant about some personal insurance
    problem? You just keep firing blanks, Ace.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 29, 2005
  20. melanie

    Pennywise Guest

    |>> Does IE not come out of the box with "Install software on demand" ticked?
    |>
    |>There are two install on demand options. One is enabled by default. Arguably
    |>a bad default.
    |>
    |>> How do all these people get their computers infested with malware? I read
    |>> the posts every day in different groups. Ask them what browser they use,
    |>> and the answer is invariably, "Internet Explorer."

    |>Let's start with pretty much everyone who uses Windows uses IE. Next many of
    |>these users are none too bright when it comes to computers. So if a user is
    |>merrily surfing along and encounters a dialog box that says you have a virus
    |>or spyware Click OK and we'll install a program to fix you right up many
    |>users happily do this. Guess what they now have malware. Is this IE's fault
    |>I would argue it's not. Other common scenarios are users downloading 'free'
    |>software that includes little 'extras'. Doing user support I see this all
    |>the time. Switching to another browser will not help these people.

    |> They need to better understand what they are doing.

    I suggest these folk use a HOSTS file, until then.
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    and
    http://www.everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

    Pennywise, Jun 29, 2005