    figure out how to get her back up again. On logging on, it appears to look
    only for any nearby domains and fails to find one called WorkDomain located
    in another city. Any help would be much appreciated.

    that one, Jun 17, 2005

  2. that one

    cjackson05 Guest

    Okay, it has to be either added like a dialup domain name, a Private VPN, or she has to have a separate docking station for her laptop with the specs already loaded in on DVD-R easily loadable and recheck the ADD HARDWARE feature is not working. It has to seek out the Netlogon w/the password connect sequence. Your asking for a security problem to occur and if she is experienced enough with the Laptop then it should not be a problem.

    Have at it.
    "that one" <none> wrote in message Hello,

    I am hoping someone can help me with this. At work, we logon to a domain.
    Let's call it WorkDomain. It's DHCP-enabled.

    We have a traveling rep who currently has her computer hooked up to someone
    else's network. Typically, she has been able to boot up and log on to
    WorkDomain even though she was at a completely different facility. She had
    a static IP.

    All of a sudden this feature stopped working and I'm racking my brains to

    cjackson05, Jun 17, 2005

  3. that one

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Turn off the HTML when posting to newsgroups.

    pcbutts1, Jun 17, 2005
  4. Are you completely certain she didn't just use cached credentials? Default
    setting is ten subsequent cached logons (and her homedrive will probably be
    "available offline" and resync upon reconnection to the DC).
    Most corporate firewalls or even ISPs block netbios or port 445 traffic due
    to security implications.

    Walter Mautner, Jun 17, 2005