    Possible? Am I using the correct term to define the situation?

    Thanks in advance.

    -Howard

    Howard, Mar 1, 2005

  2. Howard

    colinco Guest

    Hi all,

    A friend has 4 jackpoints in his house. Three normal and one with two
    sockets, with one of those sockets being his ADSL access point.

    Now, as it happens, that ADSL access point is in the wrong spot.

    He asked me whether it would be possible to convert the double socket
    jackpoint back to a normal jackpoint, and then use a portable
    micro-filter for enabling his ADSL on any of the three other
    jackpoints in his home.

    Possible? Am I using the correct term to define the situation?

    Thanks in advance.

    -Howard
    [/QUOTE]
    You use a filter when you have a phone etc plugged in. The ADSL modem is
    connected directly to the jack. If what you have is a splitter
    installation then you would have to remove the splitter and use filters
    or see if the wiring will allow the splitter to be moved to the required
    location. With the splitter in place the other jacks won't work for the
    modem.

    colinco, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Howard

    Enkidu Guest

    Like colinco said. In addition the splitter is going to be
    at the point where the line enters the house, and NOT at the
    jackpoint.

    It might be easier to get a knowledgeable person (aka
    Telecom contractor) to rewire the unwanted socket to
    "normal" phone and add a special ADSL socket or change a
    "normal" phone one to ADSL. If you know where you want to
    put the ADSL of course.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 1, 2005