ADSL Router trouble - can't act as server

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Graham, May 14, 2004.

  1. Graham

    Graham Guest

    I think I need some expert help on this one.

    As far as I can tell I've done everything I need to do to have port
    forwarding on my router. I'm hoping someone knows of any other options
    I may have missed, especially if they're familiar with this firmware.

    The router is a Lectron AR800C2-A
    (http://www.lectron.com.tw/ar800c2.html) - bought from Quay Computers
    - and has Conexant firmware. Here's the firmware manual:

    http://www.digitalamt.co.uk/manualrouter/manual.htm

    I need to get this going so I can do DCC file serving on IRC. I'm
    using mIRC. I've set up the ports to match the 'virtual server' (port
    forwarding) settings but no luck. Is there something I've missed? I've
    tried a DMZ on my machine, which I assumed would work if nothing else
    would, but even that doesn't help.

    Any ideas, please.

    Graham, May 14, 2004

  2. Graham

    Craig Shore Guest

    Have you fixed your IP in Windows, and put the same fixed IP into the router to
    forward those ports to?

    Craig Shore, May 14, 2004

  3. Graham

    TEX Guest

    Don't take this the wrong way, but the chances are that is is just the
    firmware/unit being faulty. I have come across about a half a dozen of
    these units which have similar faults. All the settings look right, but
    the units refuses to work. I have seen several which won't connect to
    the ppp since it rekcons there is no login setting, but they are clearly
    there.

    I personally would try another unit before investing any more time in
    the unit. The conexant firmwares are notorious for bugs.

    TEX

    TEX, May 14, 2004
  4. Graham

    Graham Guest

    I believe so... It's 10.0.0.3 under "IP Address" in Network settings
    (Win98). And in the router, of course.

    For example, I can run an FTP server and access it from 10.0.0.3 but
    not yet from the WAN IP...

    Graham, May 15, 2004
  5. Graham

    Graham Guest

    Thanks. This is something I had in mind.

    Unfortunately for me, the firmware update link on the browser settings
    is broken....

    There may still be a way to update it if I can know where to download
    the stuff from. The Router has an FTP server that when activated seems
    to allow you to upload firmware files (I assume that's what they are)
    to it. Maybe I'll ask Quay computers about that, or check out a
    company site.

    Graham, May 15, 2004
  6. Graham

    Craig Shore Guest

    I don't think it should make any difference, but most settings i've seen use the
    192.168.1.x IPs behind routers. Might be worth a try.

    Craig Shore, May 16, 2004