    Xandros. Neither detect it automatically and I can't find any software.

    Any ideas?

    Ferg

    Ferg, Feb 16, 2005

  2. Ferg

    XPD Guest

    Dont use the USB option ?
    If it was a decent router, itd use ethernet :)

    XPD, Feb 16, 2005

  3. Ferg

    jasonrumney Guest

    jasonrumney, Feb 16, 2005
  4. Ferg

    steve Guest

    I plug my router into a 100mbps ethernet switch - via ethernet - and
    then connect all other systems to the switch OR the wireless AP which is
    also connected to the switch.

    USB - even v2 - is.......slow. :)

    steve, Feb 17, 2005
  5. Ferg

    Ferg Guest

    The thing is I have a router with one USB connection and one ethernet
    connection.

    Linux would work fine with the ethernet connection but I want to share my
    internet with someone in the next room. I understand that USB don't go that
    far... So as I want the router next to my computer I get the USB plug... I
    want to make that work with Linux.

    Ferg

    Ferg, Feb 17, 2005
  6. spare NIC?
    turn the linux box into a fw/router/gateway for the lan
    of course the downside to this is you have to have the linux box on when
    you want to give the second one access

    Shane (aka froggy), Feb 17, 2005
  7. Ferg

    Peter Guest

    How about getting a switch or hub?
    Then you can connect both computers, plus any others that turn up, plus
    network printer, etc.

    HTH

    Peter

    Peter, Feb 17, 2005
  8. Ferg

    Axle Guest

    Get a router, then your PC doesn't need to be running for the PC in the
    next room to have access to the internet
    DSE XH1151 or Dynalink RTW026 ($79 + for Wireless access point router
    switch firewall 4 port)
    Or add a NIC to your PC

    Axle, Feb 17, 2005
  9. 400Mbps slow... ok then.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 17, 2005
  10. Ferg

    Ferg Guest

    I think I will buy a router or an ADSL router with 4 ethernet sockets...

    Ferg

    Ferg, Feb 20, 2005