    a modem that's supported by Windows XP Pro 64 bit?

    Thanks,
    Tom.

    eespiedrop, Jul 13, 2006

  2. eespiedrop

    John Boy Guest

    Your alternative is to use a router. Connect
    the ADSL modem to the router and connect your
    system to the router. No hassles with drivers
    and compatibility! I have my system setup like
    this.

    John Boy, Jul 13, 2006

  3. Most standalone, ethernet connected, modems, as opposed to USB connected
    ones or ones which need to be inserted in the PC, should have no problem.
    They don't care what OS is behind them. Even better for providing
    independence is to use a router between you and the modem. A basic "Internet
    Gateway" product from one of the major consuder vendors (d-link, linksys,
    etc.) is fine.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 13, 2006