ADSL Modem and Ciso Pix 501

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Yogiz, Oct 22, 2007.

  1. Yogiz

    Yogiz

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi there,

    I just moved over from Cable to ADSL few questions regarding setup of ADSL modem with the PIX.

    I would like to know how do I assign one static public IP to the PIX, so that I can establish VPN connection like before and be able to get ping reply from public IP.

    The other question is I want to use SFTP however how do I port foward the port 22 to my home pc 10.164.117.2. At the moment is set to ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside
    and 10.164.117.0 255.255.255.0 inside

    However, when I try to establish connection it seems like the SFTP client is connecting with the PIX interface, how to go around this?

    Thanks in advance,

    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
    Yogiz, Oct 22, 2007