    Or, to upgrade the motherboard chipset, and use this LAN connection instead
    of my ADSL modem connection?

    Help!!!

    Guest, Aug 22, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 22, 2005

  3. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Most here have gone the LAN route because of lack of drivers for many
    modems.

    John Barnes, Aug 22, 2005
  4. You'll need to use a LAN connection to an external modem. (And this is the
    primary reason why I always recommend external, network connecyted, modems
    and/or routers for internet connectivity. No drivers are required to make it
    work, a critical requirement for those of us who must have the very latest.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 22, 2005