    Just gone over to broadband everything is great however my connection drops
    out on regular occasions but at no set pattern. It appears that the modem
    loses sync so how does this get fixed or is it out of my hands.

    Sean Smith, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Sean Smith

    D Guest

    If broadband was supplied as a package, ie with modem, contact supplier it
    could be a fault. It was on mine, they fitted a 'filter?' that cured the
    prob.
    pipex is, I believe, usually ok

    D, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Sean Smith

    Jim Berwick Guest

    DSL requires filters be on all devices on a phone line that are not the DSL
    modem.

    Jim Berwick, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Sean Smith

    Jim Berwick Guest

    If your modem is losing sync:
    First, check to make sure every other device on the phone line has a
    microfilter on it. Otherwise unplug it.

    Next, make sure the modem is connected securely to the wall jack.

    Finally, call your ISP and they will investigate further.

    Jim Berwick, Jun 14, 2004
  5. A filter should be connected anyway.

    David Griffin, Jun 14, 2004
  6. Sean Smith

    Steve Guest

    Filters are not always the solution -- with my old ISP I had regular
    ADSL dropouts, but with my new ISP I have none; so it seems the ISP
    was the problem. (Same modem, phone line, filters, and PC setup).

    Steve, Jun 14, 2004
  7. Sean Smith

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Filters are entirely the solution if you don't have them already. As I
    said in the other post, first check filters, next check the cord between
    ADSL modem and wall, then call ISP.

    Jim Berwick, Jun 15, 2004
  8. Sean Smith

    Steve Guest

    I never said they weren't.

    Steve, Jun 15, 2004
  9. Sean Smith

    deacon70

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    DSL drops out at same time each night

    Our DSL will dropout every night at the same time between 10:25pm & 10:35pm just like clockwork. Will stay down for 3 to 5mins. Vendor has no clue

    deacon70, Mar 15, 2008