ADSL - 2 NETGEAR DG834GT Help !!!

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Apr 28, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi ppl,

    Do bare with me as im new,

    i would like to purchase the 108Mbps Super Wireless ADSL Router with 3-
    Port/100 switch (model number: DG834GT)

    could anyone tell me will this product be able to give ADSL-2 speeds?,

    I am with BT Yahoo Broadband and they will be trialing out ADSL-2 this month
    or next month.

    I would like to purchase the above item but am worried that i could be
    wasting my money just incase the ADSL-2 is succesful.

    I would like to know if the ADSL-2 was succesful would i need to buy a new
    one or would the 108Mbps Super Wireless ADSL Router with 3- Port/100 switch
    (model number: DG834GT) give me ADSL-2 Speeds in the future?

    All i want to do is connect 2 computers together to share the same internet
    connection but to also transfer files between them.

    I always like the best performance so this one seems to be the best, thats
    if it gives ADSL-2 speeds, if anyone of you know of a netgear product better
    than the one above please do let me know.

    Thank you,
    computer_genie

    Guest, Apr 28, 2005

  2. Guest

    Me Guest

    As far as I can tell the 834GT doesnt do ADSL2, but the 834G (54G) does.

    Woady

    Me, Apr 28, 2005