Adobe update

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mayayana, Jun 20, 2013.

  1. Mayayana

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 20:33:55 -0400, nospam <>
    wrote:

    >In article <51c62074$0$3811$-secrets.com>, peternew
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> > apparently you are unaware the industry is trending towards
    >> > subscription based software.

    >>
    >> So either you are a marketing genius, or you have a lemming like follow
    >> the herd mentality.

    >
    >neither.


    Well, I'd already ruled out one of the two.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
     
    Tony Cooper, Jun 23, 2013
    #21
    1. Advertisements

  2. Mayayana

    nospam Guest

    In article <51c64857$0$3787$-secrets.com>, peternew
    <> wrote:

    > >>>> So, there's Adobe and then there's...?
    > >>>
    > >>> microsoft and google. perhaps you've heard of them.
    > >>>
    > >>> others include dropbox, carbonite, crashplan, teambox, salesforce,
    > >>> gotomeeting, freshbooks, intuit, zoho, oracle, pandora, netflix, itunes
    > >>> radio, new york times, amazon and many more.
    > >>>
    > >>> <http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=236184>
    > >>> SaaS delivery will significantly outpace traditional software product
    > >>> delivery, growing nearly five times faster than the software market
    > >>> as a whole and becoming the significant growth driver to all
    > >>> functional software markets. By 2016, the cloud software model will
    > >>> account for $1 of every $5 spent on software.
    > >>
    > >> Carbonite is a back-up storage service. it can only be billed periodically.

    > >
    > > in other words, subscription.
    > >
    > > did you have a point here?

    >
    > Describe how you would price a periodic storage service. your example
    > irrelevant.


    what matters is that it's subscription based, versus a one-time payment.

    you proved the point i was making.
     
    nospam, Jun 23, 2013
    #22
    1. Advertisements

  3. Mayayana

    peternew Guest

    On 6/22/2013 11:39 PM, nospam wrote:
    > In article <51c64857$0$3787$-secrets.com>, peternew
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>>>>> So, there's Adobe and then there's...?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> microsoft and google. perhaps you've heard of them.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> others include dropbox, carbonite, crashplan, teambox, salesforce,
    >>>>> gotomeeting, freshbooks, intuit, zoho, oracle, pandora, netflix, itunes
    >>>>> radio, new york times, amazon and many more.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> <http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=236184>
    >>>>> SaaS delivery will significantly outpace traditional software product
    >>>>> delivery, growing nearly five times faster than the software market
    >>>>> as a whole and becoming the significant growth driver to all
    >>>>> functional software markets. By 2016, the cloud software model will
    >>>>> account for $1 of every $5 spent on software.
    >>>>
    >>>> Carbonite is a back-up storage service. it can only be billed periodically.
    >>>
    >>> in other words, subscription.
    >>>
    >>> did you have a point here?

    >>
    >> Describe how you would price a periodic storage service. your example
    >> irrelevant.

    >
    > what matters is that it's subscription based, versus a one-time payment.
    >
    > you proved the point i was making.
    >


    You really have a fragile ego.
    Your point had absolutely nothing to do with services. It was about
    Adobe trying ot turn a product into a service.
    hat is hardly an industry trend. It is an experiment, the results of
    which have yet to be determined.

    --
    PeterN
     
    peternew, Jun 23, 2013
    #23
  4. Mayayana

    peternew Guest

    On 6/23/2013 11:13 AM, peternew wrote:
    > On 6/22/2013 11:39 PM, nospam wrote:
    >> In article <51c64857$0$3787$-secrets.com>, peternew
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>>>>> So, there's Adobe and then there's...?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> microsoft and google. perhaps you've heard of them.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> others include dropbox, carbonite, crashplan, teambox, salesforce,
    >>>>>> gotomeeting, freshbooks, intuit, zoho, oracle, pandora, netflix,
    >>>>>> itunes
    >>>>>> radio, new york times, amazon and many more.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> <http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=236184>
    >>>>>> SaaS delivery will significantly outpace traditional software
    >>>>>> product
    >>>>>> delivery, growing nearly five times faster than the software
    >>>>>> market
    >>>>>> as a whole and becoming the significant growth driver to all
    >>>>>> functional software markets. By 2016, the cloud software
    >>>>>> model will
    >>>>>> account for $1 of every $5 spent on software.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Carbonite is a back-up storage service. it can only be billed
    >>>>> periodically.
    >>>>
    >>>> in other words, subscription.
    >>>>
    >>>> did you have a point here?
    >>>
    >>> Describe how you would price a periodic storage service. your example
    >>> irrelevant.

    >>
    >> what matters is that it's subscription based, versus a one-time payment.
    >>
    >> you proved the point i was making.
    >>

    >
    > You really have a fragile ego.
    > Your point had absolutely nothing to do with services. It was about
    > Adobe trying ot turn a product into a service.
    > hat is hardly an industry trend. It is an experiment, the results of
    > which have yet to be determined.
    >



    the last sentence should read: "That is hardly an industry trend. It is
    an experiment, the results of which have yet to be determined.
    >


    --
    PeterN
     
    peternew, Jun 23, 2013
    #24
  5. Mayayana

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 11:13:21 -0400, peternew <>
    wrote:

    >On 6/22/2013 11:39 PM, nospam wrote:
    >> In article <51c64857$0$3787$-secrets.com>, peternew
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>>>>> So, there's Adobe and then there's...?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> microsoft and google. perhaps you've heard of them.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> others include dropbox, carbonite, crashplan, teambox, salesforce,
    >>>>>> gotomeeting, freshbooks, intuit, zoho, oracle, pandora, netflix, itunes
    >>>>>> radio, new york times, amazon and many more.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> <http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=236184>
    >>>>>> SaaS delivery will significantly outpace traditional software product
    >>>>>> delivery, growing nearly five times faster than the software market
    >>>>>> as a whole and becoming the significant growth driver to all
    >>>>>> functional software markets. By 2016, the cloud software model will
    >>>>>> account for $1 of every $5 spent on software.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Carbonite is a back-up storage service. it can only be billed periodically.
    >>>>
    >>>> in other words, subscription.
    >>>>
    >>>> did you have a point here?
    >>>
    >>> Describe how you would price a periodic storage service. your example
    >>> irrelevant.

    >>
    >> what matters is that it's subscription based, versus a one-time payment.
    >>
    >> you proved the point i was making.
    >>

    >
    >You really have a fragile ego.
    >Your point had absolutely nothing to do with services. It was about
    >Adobe trying ot turn a product into a service.
    >hat is hardly an industry trend. It is an experiment, the results of
    >which have yet to be determined.


    I think you've put your finger on the problem I've been struggling
    with. Adobe has made a product available only (for future versions)
    by subscription. All the rest of the subscriptions I'm aware of are
    for services or access. Adobe's venture is quite different from the
    other subscription-required offerings. To say it represents a trend
    seems premature to me.


    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
     
    Tony Cooper, Jun 23, 2013
    #25
  6. Mayayana

    nospam Guest

    In article <51c71087$0$3815$-secrets.com>, peternew
    <> wrote:

    > Your point had absolutely nothing to do with services. It was about
    > Adobe trying ot turn a product into a service.
    > hat is hardly an industry trend. It is an experiment, the results of
    > which have yet to be determined.


    they're not the only ones moving to the subscription model. that makes
    it a trend.

    <http://press.pwc.com/GLOBAL/News-releases/cloud-software-as-a-service-a
    nd-mobile-trends-redefine-the-software-industry/s/4132d3fb-3594-48f1-9c7
    1-e4f76a0fc6be>
    Perpetual license revenue has been shrinking since 2004 while
    subscription revenue (including SaaS) is forecast to grow at a 17.5%
    compounded annual rate, reaching 24% of total software revenue by
    2016. Software companies are now closely evaluating aspects of their
    business models, including delivery methods, pricing strategies and
    sales compensation options.
     
    nospam, Jun 23, 2013
    #26
  7. Mayayana

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Tony Cooper
    <> wrote:

    > I think you've put your finger on the problem I've been struggling
    > with. Adobe has made a product available only (for future versions)
    > by subscription. All the rest of the subscriptions I'm aware of are
    > for services or access.


    nope, not all.

    > Adobe's venture is quite different from the
    > other subscription-required offerings. To say it represents a trend
    > seems premature to me.


    not to anyone who pays attention to the industry, especially with
    mobile devices growing like crazy, it isn't.
     
    nospam, Jun 23, 2013
    #27
  8. nospam <> wrote:

    > <http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=236184>
    > SaaS delivery will significantly outpace traditional software product
    > delivery, growing nearly five times faster than the software market
    > as a whole


    from 1.000 USD/month to 2.000 USD/month is doubling and
    growing *really* fast ... and outpacing a lot of billion
    dollar/month enterprises.

    > and becoming the significant growth driver to all
    > functional software markets. By 2016, the cloud software model will
    > account for $1 of every $5 spent on software.


    Assuming a lot of things.

    -Wolfgang
     
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jun 23, 2013
    #28
  9. Mayayana <> wrote:

    > SaaS itself. Microsoft has been buying ads on the back
    > page of the NYT business section to announce that
    > "CompanyX is on Office 365". The other day it was
    > Toyota. But we don't know how much Toyota uses
    > O365. And we don't know whether MS might be
    > essentially paying them to use it. We don't even know
    > much about O365, because MS is clearly worried primarily
    > about credibility. It's like a car ad that brags "lots of
    > people are buying this car",


    No, it's like the car ad that brags "Starlet X has bought the
    car" (for someone they don't like much and who uses it when
    their bike is in the garage for repairs).

    -Wolfgang
     
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jun 23, 2013
    #29
  10. Mayayana

    nospam Guest

    In article <51c9b0bc$0$3782$-secrets.com>, peternew
    <> wrote:

    > >>> unlike you, i pay attention to the tech industry.
    > >>>
    > >>> <http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/18/us-adobe-results-idUSBRE95H19
    > >>> 020130618>
    > >>> (Reuters) - Adobe Systems Inc, which makes the Photoshop and Acrobat
    > >>> software, reported a higher-than-expected adjusted quarterly profit
    > >>> as demand rose for Creative Cloud, the subscription-based version of
    > >>> its flagship software package.
    > >>>
    > >>> Adobe has been shifting to web-based subscription service Creative
    > >>> Cloud from a licensing model since last year. The company said it
    > >>> added 221,000 paid Creative Cloud subscribers in the latest quarter,
    > >>> taking the total to 700,000.
    > >>>
    > >> So you rely on others. I rely on the 10K. It's a lot more reliable.

    > >
    > > that would also be relying on others.

    >
    > You may trust magazine articles that accepts ads from Adobe. It has no
    > effect on my life.


    it's not an ad.

    > The SEC exists for a reason. You do what you want. I hate to see someone
    > reading this make an investment based upon a most likely biased magazine
    > article.


    i'm not making an investment.

    i'm reporting facts, the ones you refuse to acknowledge.

    creative cloud subscriptions are growing. that's just how it is.
     
    nospam, Jun 25, 2013
    #30
  11. Mayayana

    peternew Guest

    On 6/25/2013 2:23 PM, nospam wrote:
    > In article <51c9b0bc$0$3782$-secrets.com>, peternew
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>>>> unlike you, i pay attention to the tech industry.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> <http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/18/us-adobe-results-idUSBRE95H19
    >>>>> 020130618>
    >>>>> (Reuters) - Adobe Systems Inc, which makes the Photoshop and Acrobat
    >>>>> software, reported a higher-than-expected adjusted quarterly profit
    >>>>> as demand rose for Creative Cloud, the subscription-based version of
    >>>>> its flagship software package.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Adobe has been shifting to web-based subscription service Creative
    >>>>> Cloud from a licensing model since last year. The company said it
    >>>>> added 221,000 paid Creative Cloud subscribers in the latest quarter,
    >>>>> taking the total to 700,000.
    >>>>>
    >>>> So you rely on others. I rely on the 10K. It's a lot more reliable.
    >>>
    >>> that would also be relying on others.

    >>
    >> You may trust magazine articles that accepts ads from Adobe. It has no
    >> effect on my life.

    >
    > it's not an ad.
    >
    >> The SEC exists for a reason. You do what you want. I hate to see someone
    >> reading this make an investment based upon a most likely biased magazine
    >> article.

    >
    > i'm not making an investment.
    >
    > i'm reporting facts, the ones you refuse to acknowledge.
    >
    > creative cloud subscriptions are growing. that's just how it is.
    >


    Again you twist. The issue is Adobe making more money. Every time yu get
    caught, you try t change the subject.
    BTW spending $29 for business software is an investment.

    --
    PeterN
     
    peternew, Jun 25, 2013
    #31
  12. Mayayana

    nospam Guest

    In article <51c9ea22$0$3759$-secrets.com>, peternew
    <> wrote:

    > >>>>> unlike you, i pay attention to the tech industry.
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>> <http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/18/us-adobe-results-idUSBRE95H19
    > >>>>> 020130618>
    > >>>>> (Reuters) - Adobe Systems Inc, which makes the Photoshop and
    > >>>>> Acrobat
    > >>>>> software, reported a higher-than-expected adjusted quarterly profit
    > >>>>> as demand rose for Creative Cloud, the subscription-based version
    > >>>>> of
    > >>>>> its flagship software package.
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>> Adobe has been shifting to web-based subscription service Creative
    > >>>>> Cloud from a licensing model since last year. The company said it
    > >>>>> added 221,000 paid Creative Cloud subscribers in the latest
    > >>>>> quarter,
    > >>>>> taking the total to 700,000.
    > >>>>>
    > >>>> So you rely on others. I rely on the 10K. It's a lot more reliable.
    > >>>
    > >>> that would also be relying on others.
    > >>
    > >> You may trust magazine articles that accepts ads from Adobe. It has no
    > >> effect on my life.

    > >
    > > it's not an ad.
    > >
    > >> The SEC exists for a reason. You do what you want. I hate to see someone
    > >> reading this make an investment based upon a most likely biased magazine
    > >> article.

    > >
    > > i'm not making an investment.
    > >
    > > i'm reporting facts, the ones you refuse to acknowledge.
    > >
    > > creative cloud subscriptions are growing. that's just how it is.

    >
    > Again you twist.


    again you lie. i'm not twisting *anything*.

    > The issue is Adobe making more money. Every time yu get
    > caught, you try t change the subject.


    caught at what exactly? i said subscriptions are up, and they're up.
    you asked me how i knew and i provided a link.

    if anyone is caught lying and twisting, it's you.

    your feeble attempt to bash me failed, so you resort to bringing up
    irrelevant things such as making an investment or that it was some sort
    of ad (which it definitely is not). nobody with even the slightest clue
    would consider that an ad.

    you don't like being proven wrong, so you lie and twist and then try to
    blame it on me. disgusting.

    > BTW spending $29 for business software is an investment.


    what does that have to do with anything?
     
    nospam, Jun 25, 2013
    #32
  13. Mayayana

    peternew Guest

    On 6/25/2013 3:48 PM, nospam wrote:
    > In article <51c9ea22$0$3759$-secrets.com>, peternew
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>>>>>> unlike you, i pay attention to the tech industry.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> <http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/18/us-adobe-results-idUSBRE95H19
    >>>>>>> 020130618>
    >>>>>>> (Reuters) - Adobe Systems Inc, which makes the Photoshop and
    >>>>>>> Acrobat
    >>>>>>> software, reported a higher-than-expected adjusted quarterly profit
    >>>>>>> as demand rose for Creative Cloud, the subscription-based version
    >>>>>>> of
    >>>>>>> its flagship software package.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Adobe has been shifting to web-based subscription service Creative
    >>>>>>> Cloud from a licensing model since last year. The company said it
    >>>>>>> added 221,000 paid Creative Cloud subscribers in the latest
    >>>>>>> quarter,
    >>>>>>> taking the total to 700,000.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> So you rely on others. I rely on the 10K. It's a lot more reliable.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> that would also be relying on others.
    >>>>
    >>>> You may trust magazine articles that accepts ads from Adobe. It has no
    >>>> effect on my life.
    >>>
    >>> it's not an ad.
    >>>
    >>>> The SEC exists for a reason. You do what you want. I hate to see someone
    >>>> reading this make an investment based upon a most likely biased magazine
    >>>> article.
    >>>
    >>> i'm not making an investment.
    >>>
    >>> i'm reporting facts, the ones you refuse to acknowledge.
    >>>
    >>> creative cloud subscriptions are growing. that's just how it is.

    >>
    >> Again you twist.

    >
    > again you lie. i'm not twisting *anything*.
    >
    >> The issue is Adobe making more money. Every time yu get
    >> caught, you try t change the subject.

    >
    > caught at what exactly? i said subscriptions are up, and they're up.
    > you asked me how i knew and i provided a link.
    >
    > if anyone is caught lying and twisting, it's you.
    >
    > your feeble attempt to bash me failed, so you resort to bringing up
    > irrelevant things such as making an investment or that it was some sort
    > of ad (which it definitely is not). nobody with even the slightest clue
    > would consider that an ad.
    >
    > you don't like being proven wrong, so you lie and twist and then try to
    > blame it on me. disgusting.
    >
    >> BTW spending $29 for business software is an investment.

    >
    > what does that have to do with anything?
    >


    You are so anxious to bash, that you twist.
    I don't think you even understand what the term "investment" means, I am
    tired of responding to you asinine statements.\
    EOD


    --
    PeterN
     
    peternew, Jun 25, 2013
    #33
  14. Mayayana

    nospam Guest

    In article <51ca1cad$0$3773$-secrets.com>, peternew
    <> wrote:

    > >>>>>> So you rely on others. I rely on the 10K. It's a lot more reliable.
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>> that would also be relying on others.
    > >>>>
    > >>>> You may trust magazine articles that accepts ads from Adobe. It has no
    > >>>> effect on my life.
    > >>>
    > >>> it's not an ad.
    > >>>
    > >>>> The SEC exists for a reason. You do what you want. I hate to see someone
    > >>>> reading this make an investment based upon a most likely biased magazine
    > >>>> article.
    > >>>
    > >>> i'm not making an investment.
    > >>>
    > >>> i'm reporting facts, the ones you refuse to acknowledge.
    > >>>
    > >>> creative cloud subscriptions are growing. that's just how it is.
    > >>
    > >> Again you twist.

    > >
    > > again you lie. i'm not twisting *anything*.
    > >
    > >> The issue is Adobe making more money. Every time yu get
    > >> caught, you try t change the subject.

    > >
    > > caught at what exactly? i said subscriptions are up, and they're up.
    > > you asked me how i knew and i provided a link.
    > >
    > > if anyone is caught lying and twisting, it's you.
    > >
    > > your feeble attempt to bash me failed, so you resort to bringing up
    > > irrelevant things such as making an investment or that it was some sort
    > > of ad (which it definitely is not). nobody with even the slightest clue
    > > would consider that an ad.
    > >
    > > you don't like being proven wrong, so you lie and twist and then try to
    > > blame it on me. disgusting.
    > >
    > >> BTW spending $29 for business software is an investment.

    > >
    > > what does that have to do with anything?

    >
    > You are so anxious to bash, that you twist.


    i'm not twisting a thing. you asked how i knew adobe's sales were up
    and i told you.

    you on the other hand, are lying and twisting like it's going out of
    style. you try to claim it's an ad when it's not even close to an ad,
    or that a 10k filing would be more credible, completely ignorant of the
    fact that it was an sec fling, making it as reliable as what you claim
    you wanted.

    you are so intent on bashing me that you make an utter fool of
    yourself. you can't deal with facts, so you bash. sad.

    > I don't think you even understand what the term "investment" means, I am
    > tired of responding to you asinine statements.\


    then don't.
     
    nospam, Jun 26, 2013
    #34
  15. Mayayana

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:34:08 PM UTC+1, nospam wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    > Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > > > if it's been cracked after a day that could cause problems.

    >
    > > >

    >
    > > > not really. cs6 and earlier were cracked too. there is always going to

    >
    > > > be piracy.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > But on the first day, what if they change the way they do things and screw it

    >
    > > up for those that have paid, wouldn't be the fist time.

    >
    >
    >
    > they have a responsibility to make it work for paying customers.


    yes they do, but a higher responsibilty is that it keeps working and they don;t try to shut it off because of piracy as they did with CS2.
    You can;t always predict th future by looking at the past, but sometimes you can predict the future based on the past.



    > > Maybe yoiu need to find out why they turned of thier activation servers for

    >
    > > CS2 could be that it wasn;t working very well could it. They did say

    >
    > > technical issues now long's CS2 been out 8 years and they can't solve the

    >
    > > technical issue(s) ? doesn;t lok good when ntheir new solution tom piracy

    >
    > > fails in a day, if that is the case haven't seen it confirmed yet.

    >
    >
    >
    > i told you, it's because the number of people activating a new copy for
    >
    > something that old is for all intents, zero.


    So you forget all your current customers.

    > it wasn't worth it to keep
    >
    > the servers running,


    How much does it cost to keep a server running they never mentioned cost they said technical issues.


    >so they opened up activation for existing owners
    >
    > who might need to move it to a new machine (which is also essentially
    >
    > zero).


    CS2 won;t work on new machines will it.


    > > > unlike cs6 and earlier, however, not all features will work because

    >
    > > > some require connecting to adobe's servers and that would be unwise to

    >
    > > > do with a cracked copy.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > depends how well it has been cracked I assume and teh way it has been done.

    >
    >
    >
    > it doesn't matter how well it's been cracked.


    It does acciording to adobe who lose money.


    > the collaborative features will need to have a valid account, and a
    >
    > pirated app won't have that. that part of the suite will not work.


    That part of the app would not worry me, and I doubt it will bother most people that are likely to pirate the software.


    > and if it pings adobe's servers, adobe will know there's a pirated app
    >
    > from a certain ip address.


    Yes if it pings Adobe my CS2 CS3 CS4 CS5 CS5.5, never got the chance to ping adobe.


    > > > > > apparently you are unaware the industry is trending towards

    >
    > > > > > subscription based software.
    > > > > Who is 'the industry' nowerdays it used to be MS.

    >
    > > >

    >
    > > > it's not just one company.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > So lots of compoanies rather than just adobe will have do follow this model

    >
    > > before I'll calll it a trend, it's an idea that's been tried and failed,

    >
    > > tried and failed.

    >
    >
    >
    > lots of companies *are* following this model. it's nothing new and it's
    >
    > growing.


    I heard the samae about hardware dongels that was growing too, somewhere I still have a turbo C dongle.
    If a compnay can find a relible system of anti-piracy then it will take off, but as yet I don't thinkk they have and yes lots are trying it they always have.

    Whether or not subscription will work comes down to not just the technically side but whether or not the user wants it.



    > > > > While the computer industry is reducing in numbers.

    >
    > > >

    >
    > > > the only thing that's shrinking are legacy computers. the rest is

    >
    > > > growing at a rapid pace, notably mobile.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > Not the sort of thing that CS will run on though is it and I doubt many pro

    >
    > > users will go over to mobile phones and edit with CS as theor main income,

    >
    > > nut then again maybe it will, or the pros slowley die out like film has for

    >
    > > most purposes.

    >
    >
    >
    > cs as it exists now doesn't run on tablets or phones, but that doesn't
    >
    > mean a future product won't.


    If they do adobe might need to change it's licencing again.
    People subscribing to the software might expect it to work on a desktop, laptop and mobile device, presently adobe only allow you two devices.
    Why I'm not sure. (well I sort of know but don't agree)

    And if you don't agree to the T&Cs, you should buy the product should you. :)


    > already, there's photoshop touch and several other adobe apps on mobile
    >
    > devices. there will be more, and they will integrate with adobe apps on
    >
    > the desktop.


    Interesting app that subscription based as that's where adobe are going ?
    Can I only have it on 1 or 2 iPads or more ?
     
    Whisky-dave, Jun 26, 2013
    #35
  16. Mayayana

    Whisky-dave Guest


    >
    > > The issue is Adobe making more money. Every time yu get

    >
    > > caught, you try t change the subject.

    >
    >
    >
    > caught at what exactly? i said subscriptions are up, and they're up.
    >
    > you asked me how i knew and i provided a link.


    Which showed the wieghted subscriptions whatever that means.

    I don't doubt they are going up but without a proper comparision it's pretty meaningless.
     
    Whisky-dave, Jun 26, 2013
    #36
  17. Mayayana

    peternew Guest

    On 6/26/2013 6:38 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
    > On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:34:08 PM UTC+1, nospam wrote:



    <snip>

    >
    >> already, there's photoshop touch and several other adobe apps on mobile
    >>
    >> devices. there will be more, and they will integrate with adobe apps on
    >>
    >> the desktop.

    >
    > Interesting app that subscription based as that's where adobe are going ?
    > Can I only have it on 1 or 2 iPads or more ?
    >
    >


    Don't bet he ranch on his predictions. He/she is technically correct.
    Under the right conditions, MS Paint is compatible with Photoshop, as
    are lots of other programs. As I said earlier, trying to turn a product
    into a service is still an experiment.
    nospam has problems distinguishing products from services.

    --
    PeterN
     
    peternew, Jun 26, 2013
    #37
  18. Mayayana

    Mayayana Guest

    | > they have a responsibility to make it work for paying customers.
    |
    | yes they do, but a higher responsibilty is that it keeps working and they
    don;t try to shut it off because of piracy as they did with CS2.
    | You can;t always predict th future by looking at the past, but sometimes
    you can predict the future based on the past.
    |

    It's still online, with valid serial numbers:
    http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

    In addition, Adobe never says it's not legal to download.
    They only say they don't recommend using "unsupported"
    software and that the downloads *should* only be used
    by people who bought the product. The tone of the statement
    is not legal. It's more like, "This stuff is too old to be usable.
    We don't recommend that you try to use it unless you're
    already doing so."
    Others have pointed out that the click-through license
    in the download says the software is legal to use if one
    got it from Adobe. So Adobe is giving away CS2, rather
    than cutting people off from it.

    It looks to me like either they really do have a technical
    problem, probably due to some lack of foresight, or, more
    likely, that they just don't want to deal with CS2 anymore
    and figure that giving it away to people running XP might
    get them some paying customers down the road, after
    those people get used to using Adobe tools. Either way,
    they've at least provided a way for CS2 customers to
    get a backup and working serial number if they want it.
    Adobe doesn't owe anyone more than that.

    ...Which is not to recommend using software that requires
    activation online. That's always going to carry some risk.
     
    Mayayana, Jun 26, 2013
    #38
  19. Mayayana

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:54:55 PM UTC+1, Mayayana wrote:
    > | > they have a responsibility to make it work for paying customers.
    >
    > |
    >
    > | yes they do, but a higher responsibilty is that it keeps working and they
    >
    > don;t try to shut it off because of piracy as they did with CS2.
    >
    > | You can;t always predict th future by looking at the past, but sometimes
    >
    > you can predict the future based on the past.
    >
    > |
    >
    >
    >
    > It's still online, with valid serial numbers:
    >
    > http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html


    Yes I know but why put serial numbers up ? (I know)


    > In addition, Adobe never says it's not legal to download.


    But it's up there to download.

    >
    > They only say they don't recommend using "unsupported"
    >
    > software and that the downloads *should* only be used
    >
    > by people who bought the product.


    Yes it makes sense to a certain extent.
    Not sure what they mean by unsupported as I've never had a legal copy of CS..


    > The tone of the statement
    >
    > is not legal. It's more like, "This stuff is too old to be usable.
    >
    > We don't recommend that you try to use it unless you're
    >
    > already doing so."
    >
    > Others have pointed out that the click-through license
    >
    > in the download says the software is legal to use if one
    >
    > got it from Adobe. So Adobe is giving away CS2, rather
    >
    > than cutting people off from it.


    No, what it is doing is scrapping it's CS" servers because of technical issues.
    It doesn;t cost much to run a server so I doubt it's financial concern of running a server.
    It's not giving anything away, what they are doing as appologiing to CS2 users that the licence server has shutdown, so this is what you can do to still use the software you brought and thought you could use.
    The license servers were there so legitimate users could use the product they brought I assume otherwise why have them.



    > It looks to me like either they really do have a technical
    >
    > problem, probably due to some lack of foresight,


    Lack of foresight for 8 years.

    > or, more
    >
    > likely, that they just don't want to deal with CS2 anymore
    >
    > and figure that giving it away to people running XP might
    >
    > get them some paying customers down the road, after
    >
    > those people get used to using Adobe tools. Either way,
    >
    > they've at least provided a way for CS2 customers to
    >
    > get a backup and working serial number if they want it.
    >
    > Adobe doesn't owe anyone more than that.


    I agree, but why can;t they keep the server running if it's been running for 8 years another 1 or 2 years shouldn't be that difficult or costly.
    For me that would question their ability in keeping the next gen subscription server up and running.


    > ...Which is not to recommend using software that requires
    >
    > activation online. That's always going to carry some risk.


    Anyway why not offer the 8 year-old software for free to anyone .
    Or do adobe think they'll too much ?
    Most compuyers that are over 3 years old won;t run it anyway and those thatr too it'll be like a demo mode adn if you want the lastest features subscribe to our latest product, with every copy of CS2 downloaded they could give you an e-voucher or something.

    But then again adobe has been know to piss of those paying customers, luckily I've never had that problem.
     
    Whisky-dave, Jun 26, 2013
    #39
  20. Mayayana

    Mayayana Guest

    >
    Anyway why not offer the 8 year-old software for free to anyone .
    >


    It looks to me like that's exactly what they're doing,
    as a marketing scheme. They just don't want to advertise
    it as such. If it were otherwise they'd have a legal warning,
    people would have to sign up to get a serial number, and
    they never would have posted the installers in the first place.
    (After all, if one bought CS2 it's not Adobe's responsibility
    to replace a lost CD. It's only their responsibility to make
    sure you can activate it.)

    It actually wasn't so long ago that one used to be able to
    buy magazines with copies of outdated software on CDs.
    I once got a full, legal copy of Lotus WordPro that way.
    The companies did it to entice new potential customers.
     
    Mayayana, Jun 26, 2013
    #40
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.