    said hackers also accessed nearly three million customer credit card
    records, and stole login data for an undetermined number of Adobe user
    accounts.

    me, Oct 4, 2013

  2. me

    MC Guest

    If Adobe can still suffer this sort of hack either they (Adobe) are not
    worthy of peoples custom due to their security being dire, or it goes
    some way to prove that no online storage or "cloud" computing is safe
    enough to rely on and is still a very volatile area as far as security
    is concerned.
    I believe it to be the latter and am still astounded that online
    storage and "cloud" soulutions are being pushed as being the best thing
    since sliced bread and are, indeed, being used as such when nobody's
    data and personal information is really safe.

    MC

    MC, Oct 4, 2013

  3. me

    Guest Guest

    "Expected to announce"?
    I got this email yesterday;[/QUOTE]

    that article was written prior to adobe's announcement.

    Guest, Oct 4, 2013
  4. me

    me Guest

    So sue me for what you paid for this "late" notice.

    me, Oct 4, 2013
  5. me

    Paul J Gans Guest

    Perhaps they will encrypt customer data prior to storing it?

    Nah, won't happen until the laws are changed.

    Paul J Gans, Oct 4, 2013
  6. me

    Guest Guest

    they did. read it again.

    Guest, Oct 4, 2013
  7. me

    RichA Guest

    So how do you like the cloud-service, rental economy now?

    RichA, Oct 5, 2013
  8. me

    Guest Guest

    it has nothing to do with subscriptions. someone who bought photoshop
    elements, which is *not* subscription based, could be affected.

    the credit card data was also encrypted, so the risk of credit card
    fraud is very low.

    Guest, Oct 5, 2013
  9. me

    PeterN Guest

    A few years ago I received a similar letter from the City of New York.
    As compensation, they paid for a year of a credit monitoring service. I
    think Adobe should make that offer.

    PeterN, Oct 5, 2013
  10. me

    Guest Guest

    what for? the credit card data was encrypted.

    there's a remote possibility that someone might crack that but it's not
    particularly likely.

    Guest, Oct 5, 2013
  11. me

    Guest Guest

    the same way non-subscriptions are paid for.

    as i said, someone buying a non-subscription product is part of the 2.9
    million users, just as someone buying a subscription product is.

    adobe doesn't have 2.9 million creative cloud customers. as of this
    past september, they had a little more than 1 million subscribers,
    which means the majority of the affected users are *not* subscribers.

    also, the credit card data was encrypted, so the risk of credit card
    fraud is very low. maybe someone will crack the encryption but chances
    are they won't bother.

    Guest, Oct 5, 2013
  12. me

    PeterN Guest

    Thanks for that info. I was not aware of that. Adobe is doing the
    honorable thing, and acting in a responsible manner. I'm just happy that
    i did not get such an email from Adobe. However, out of an abundance of
    caution, I will change my password for my Adobe account.

    PeterN, Oct 5, 2013
  13. me

    PeterN Guest

    Do you think you will get a clear and relevant response?

    PeterN, Oct 6, 2013
  14. me

    Guest Guest

    the only whoosh is with you.

    subscription customers are not the only adobe customers who used a
    credit card and there were *more* non-subscribers affected than those
    who were subscribers.

    nothing wrong with disliking the subscription model, but claiming that
    those who did subscribe are suckers and got what they deserved is
    bullshit.

    Guest, Oct 6, 2013
  15. me

    Guest Guest

    it's not contrary at all. it's *exactly* what i said!

    Guest, Oct 6, 2013
  16. me

    Guest Guest

    that does not exclude anything. it shows that non-subscription
    customers are also affected.

    Guest, Oct 6, 2013
  17. me

    Guest Guest

    i know exactly what i wrote. you just want to chastise me and will jump
    at anything, and then deny your own mistakes.

    Guest, Oct 6, 2013
  18. me

    Guest Guest

    it doesn't.

    it has to do with being an adobe customer, nothing more.

    what they purchased, whether it is subscription, non-subscription or
    some other reason, does not make any difference whatsoever.
    actually less likely.

    adobe has a little more than 1 million creative cloud subscribers and
    almost 3 million accounts were affected.

    Guest, Oct 6, 2013
  19. me

    Guest Guest

    that's nothing more than nitpicking every word, trying to find a reason
    to bash.

    Guest, Oct 6, 2013
  20. me

    Robert Coe Guest

    On 2013.10.06 14:30 , nospam wrote:
    : > In article <>, Alan Browne
    : >
    : >>>>>>>> So how do you like the cloud-service, rental economy now?
    : >>>>>>>
    : >>>>>>> it has nothing to do with subscriptions. someone who bought photoshop
    : >>>>>>> elements, which is *not* subscription based, could be affected.
    : >>>>>>
    : >>>>>> How are subscriptions paid for?
    : >>>>>
    : >>>>> the same way non-subscriptions are paid for.
    : >>>>
    : >>>> *w h o o o o s h*
    : >>>
    : >>> the only whoosh is with you.
    : >>
    : >> Afraid not:
    : >>
    : >> Adobe: "Our investigation currently indicates that the attackers
    : >> accessed Adobe customer IDs and encrypted passwords on our systems. We
    : >> also believe the attackers removed from our systems certain information
    : >> relating to 2.9 million Adobe customers, including customer names,
    : >> encrypted credit or debit card numbers, expiration dates, and other
    : >> information relating to customer orders. "
    : >>
    : >> That's all customers regardless of product or service type were equally
    : >> vulnerable to the attack. Contrary to your
    : >> "it has nothing to do with subscriptions. someone who bought
    : >> photoshop elements, which is *not* subscription based, could
    : >> be affected."
    : >
    : > it's not contrary at all. it's *exactly* what i said!
    :
    : Not at all. You retorted to RichA as follows:
    :
    : -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    : > So how do you like the cloud-service, rental economy now?
    :
    : it has nothing to do with subscriptions. someone who bought photoshop
    : elements, which is *not* subscription based, could be affected.
    :
    : Thereby excluding "subscriptions" from the case.

    Well, I don't read it that way. I think he was saying both could be affected,
    i.e. that subscribers wouldn't necessarily be at any greater risk.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Oct 7, 2013